Ed66

Late Change to Shifts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A friend agreed to work shifts on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day even though given public transport she could not physically get home to her family fit Christmas Day. She then booked train tickets to come home (2hrs travel) on the 27th as her employer said she did not have any shifts until after New year. When she then goes in to work on the Christmas Eve she was told that there had been changes and they wanted her to also work on the 27 and 28 and 29th. When she then explained and pointed out that the Christmas rota had been published and she had made arrangements accordingly she was informed that she has to turn up or get the sack. What is reasonable in terms of late changes to rotas in these circumstances? Any help much appreciated.

check the contract, but doubt that a sacking would be upheld in such circumstances.

best get thread moved to appropriate sub forum, employment. for further input.

IMO

:-):rant:

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I think the employment forum is the place for you to get answers. I'll move your thread there and leave you a short term redirect from here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Is she employed by an agency or directly by the Company?

How long has she worked for this employer?

Does she have contracted weekly hours or is she on a zero hours contract?

Had she booked any of 27th-29th as agreed holidays?

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I think the employment forum is the place for you to get answers. I'll move your thread there and leave you a short term redirect from here.

My best, HB

Thanks

an eg maybe?; the holiday shift arrangements have already been agreed. i note your request but would be my decision whether to work or not unarranged outside of contract and/or our normal business practice given the previously agreed arrangements. if i do, reimburse already paid for expenses and poss pay overtime. if i decide not to, it would be unreasonable/unfair to sack me in the circumstances. would think that a tribunal would not uphold such a decision.

depends on the circumstances though, and what the contract says etc. see what others say.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant: