Work trying to force me out,not sure how far I can take it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Without going into particulars,over the course of a year a new manager was installed and despite initially getting on well with him,I have quickly found my work life intolerable since I raised objections to the way I was being treated by a fellow co worker who is friends with him.

The initial conversation jarred with me as I had been told I was a good worker during his induction ,however I was now being watched on camera and they could see I am not a good worker as he put it.I reported this to my shop reps and I suggested we try for a fresh state between the manager and me.

Fast forward a couple months I've been physically threatened by a fellow co worker, and despite reporting it straight away, it was investigated two weeks and abit later with a cursory chat.Ive had what I believe the equalitys act broken with private and confidential information being openly disseminated around my work place after the manager being informed of it.

Ive complained about the heatlth and safety conditions at our work place which were ignored until an accident befell me because I in part was not given the correct equipment.SImilar incidents regarding being harassed by fellow coworkers and my health and safety ignored , at the end of my tether I went to the manager and said this was wrong cant we just sort it out as Id rather not taken to hr but will as this cant go on.He replied I can go ahead and subsequently issued me with a disciplinary letter for being sick four times in 1 year-3 of the incidents were because I suffered injuries at work.

I guess I'm writing this as I'm not sure where to go,I'm certain they failed me in their duty of care ,however I do not want to lose my job.

Edited by maroondevo52

Hello and Welcome, kitt.

I've split up your post a bit, hopefully you'll get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Kitt,

I have learnt from my own experience that the most important thing is to document absolutely everything. Record conversations, dates, times, witnesses etc. Did you see a doctor over the injuries at work? If so make sure you have dates etc. Were any risk assessments carried out afterwards to help prevent it happening again. Check out employer regs on welfare (including your responsibilities as well as theirs. Any time you approach management or similar ALWAYS do it in writing or by email and if they only respond verbally then request it in writing. Even things unrelated to your circumstances, make a note if they breach any kind of Policy, Procedure or similar as it all adds up if you should end up in Tribunal (which hopefully it won't). I have found that knowledge really is power especially if they don't know what you know!

Thanks for splitting it and yep I've documented a lot by making complaints in writing ,problem is some of it is a case of he said/I said, however on him breaking the equalities act and health & safety act by disclosing private medical information and failing to provide the correct equipment it has been noted externally. Is it advisable to seek legal advice or present what I ready have to hr formally? I don't mind taking it further but Im worried I will be forced out for doing so when all I want is to come in do my job go home and study.

Edited by Kitt_Walker

Thanks for splitting it and yep I've documented a lot by making complaints in writing ,problem is some of it is a case of he said/I said, however on him breaking the equalities act and health & safety act by disclosing private medical information and failing to provide the correct equipment it has been noted externally. Is it advisable to seek legal advice or present what I ready have to hr formally? I don't mind taking it further but Im worried I will be forced out for doing so when all I want is to come in do my job go home and study.

I would suggest speaking to ACAS or a Union Rep if you are a member. ACAS can be very helpful while remaining impartial. Be careful with the Union though if they also work for your employer as well as employees. By taking this any further sadly you do put yourself at risk no matter how wonderful the company may be. Do you have whistling blowing policy? If so, I would check out this route as HR are then obligated to protect your anonymity. I am going through something similar and I am not going to play all my cards at once. Always keep a spare ace up your sleeve. In your instance I don't know whether there is potential for a more serious injury so maybe a look through the HSE website would help determine whether more serious offences are being committed. Employers don't like the word HSE. Maybe consider the Data Protection Act as well if the disclosure applies. The ACAS codes of practice are a good read as well but bear in mind they are only advisory and not legally binding so although an employer does not have to abide by them it will go against them should it reach tribunal.

when you say you have fornally complained, how many formal and informal complaints have you put in? And over what timne period? How many were subtantia and how many trivial?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

when you say you have fornally complained, how many formal and informal complaints have you put in? And over what timne period? How many were subtantia and how many trivial?

Thanks firefly seems things can only get more scary and serious sadly.With regards to the nature of the complaints, it has been a mixture across an 8 month period. The accidents that I feel broke h&s standards I have rung through and a written report submitted but with his camera comment I complained informally to our in house reps.

3 formal in 8 months and nothing much done tells me you aren't going to get anywhere with another complaint. "Several" informal is enough to get yourself labelled as an irritation, no matter how justified you were.

I think realistically you nee to find a way to live with it, while you look for another job. If you are planning to go further down the Equality Act route I think you need proper legal advice.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

3 formal in 8 months and nothing much done tells me you aren't going to get anywhere with another complaint. "Several" informal is enough to get yourself labelled as an irritation, no matter how justified you were.

I think realistically you nee to find a way to live with it, while you look for another job. If you are planning to go further down the Equality Act route I think you need proper legal advice.

Yikes defo going to get a lot more serious then,thanks for reply though.