Freestork

eBay - help and advice needed please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2488 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I sold a pair of designer shoes on EBay in June this year.

The successful bidder had questioned my p&p costs, before she bid.

I advised her these where correct and suggested if she wasn't happy to pay then not to bid.

She did bid and won the shoes and again said she wasn't happy with the p&p.

I advised her if not happy not to pay and I would relist.

She went ahead and paid, I posted shoes 1st class and have proof postage.

The buyer went on to open a not received dispute which I lost and eBay refunded her.

I refused to pay back and eBay suspended my account.

I was furious as I knew she had received the shoes but couldn't prove it.

I now have evidence as they buyer relisted the shoes and re sold them!

I contacted eBay who agreed she had received and sold on,

they advised they needed to contact the buyer.

She denied this and eBay again sided with her as she had waited 90 days before selling and eBay had closed the dispute!!

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll try moving your thread to the general retail forum and leave you a short term link here. Please bear with us if it's a little quiet tonight due to people being on holiday, I hope you will have replies soon.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

did you send it recorded delivery or did you only get a proof of postage because u know ebay /paypal do not accept certificate of postage as proof thats why any thing i sold on ebay i sent recorded/special . however as to ebay/paypal how do you know she definatly receieved the item ?

did you send it recorded delivery or did you only get a proof of postage because u know ebay /paypal do not accept certificate of postage as proof thats why any thing i sold on ebay i sent recorded/special . however as to ebay/paypal how do you know she definatly receieved the item ?

I think the OP has already advised that they are aware the items must have been received - because they were later listed on Ebay by the bidder who purchased them from her !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It appears you could possibly instiagte criminal proceedings against her, perhaps visit your local cop shop, whilst they may not want to get too involved, you may get a crime number and can send this too ebay |(they often reverse decisons when put under pressure).

You could also contemplate civil action against her and/or Ebay.

Have you contemplated buying the shoes back ?

It also appears possible that you could get a refund from the Post Office (upto £46 I believe), as far as you know the shoes didnt arrive, any criminal/fraudulant action would be by the buyer. This option is discussed on various ebay forums such as here > http://groups.ebay.co.uk/question/Selling-Ebay/Buyer-Claims-Received/18000402271

If there is possible post office/criminal/civil action against the seller this may put them under a lot of pressure !..you could up the ante by sending a notice before action letter and following the cpr pre-action protocol, this would also be good amo to use to support your case against ebay.

Andy

If you are considering issuing a claim against the purchaser - then you will need to print off

Your original listing notification from ebay

The nofication of the auction win

The PayPal receipt

Any communication regarding the questioning of postage

Then you will also need print outs/screen prints of her listing.

You will be able to see from her feedback page who won the bid / purchased the item from her (that is if they do leave any feed back)

I find it very strange indeed that she would say that she didnt receive the item then pop it on ebay to resell !!

Will there be any identifying mark on the shoes to confirm they are the ones you sold to her?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There are people who commit various crimes on Ebay believing that they wont get caught but people do and face sometimes serious consequences, personally I'd start putting some pressure on the buyer via NBA, threat of criminal/civil action, etc..perhaps they will pay up..and of course copy ebay into this, making sure that they to could face criminal./civil action.

There are many here you will help you should you wish to follow this route.

Andy