The Phantom

1st [nationwide], 2nd Picture/Webb mortgage, negative equity, what next?

Had new letter from Idem saying my repayment agreement for the arrears has come to an end and I should call them.

I sent them a letter stating I won't discuss anything over the phone and everything has to be done in writing only, so they sent me an I&E form, which i completed and returned.

They then sent me another letter saying they received the I&E form and I should call them. :-D

I sent them a letter back stating yet again I won't deal with them over the phone and asked them why they just don't put in their letter what it is they want rather than send a letter asking me to call them, when they very well know I won't.

It's a bit like dealing with a bunch of imbeciles.

I haven't heard from them since.

I wonder why they keep sending me letters asking me to call them when they should know by now I won't ?

pers i'd have stopped pointless letter tennis a long time ago

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hmmm...but I am absolutely not dealing with them over the phone. Letters are really the only way to communicate with them.

Or is there anything else I am not thinking of ? Or should I just ignore their letters too ?:???:

that means all comms...

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

So should I stop responding to them ?

I am making full monthly contractual payments plus some extra every month (as per I&E forms) to kill the arrears which have now come down to just over 2K

I have completed a new I&E form and am making these payments monthly without fail.

When they keep sending me their letters asking me to call them within xxx amount of days, should I not respond at all now and just keep on paying ?

Had another letter today asking me to call them :-x

Also stated their records show they have been unable to contact me.....

You just couldn't make it up.

I have now re-sealed the letter and sent it back as junk mail (return to sender) as I warned them I would do should they not stop sending me this junk.

But I am at a loss how else I can tell them that I won't be calling them and they have to put in writing whatever it is they want from me, nothing seems to get through to them !

Sent letter of complaint to their Customer Relations Team and will ask for an up to date statement, to make sure they haven't charged me for these letters or anything else recently.

Ok, had a couple of letters today from my friends at Idem.

First one acknowledged my request for SAR but said as it is a joint debt with someone else (my ex)

they will only provide redacted information unless I provide them with written consent from the other joint account holder. That's probably an accurate request.

I won't get consent from my ex as we don't talk and he lives elsewhere

(not contributing to this debt at all),

so redacted information will have to suffice I suppose.

Will see what they send.

I am mainly interested in charges and fees levied.

They have also responded to my letter of complaint and even partly upheld it.

They say they will pop a cheque in the post for some compensation for the inconvenience they have caused. Fair enough. Will see when the cheque comes in.

They say they should have put into their letters what it is they need to know from me rather than just sending letters asking me to call them.

They have now made a note that everything is done in writing only.

Let's see what happens going forward.

Have noticed that the arrears figure they quoted has jumped from just over 2K to just under 3K, a difference of about £600.- since December

Obviously I will query this.

The two things they say they wanted to know with regards to my I&E are two things:

- I have put down a secured loan for £xxx and they want to know what that is and whether that loan is up to date.

Amusingly enough they somehow failed to notice that that is their own bl***dy payment and loan.

It is the exact amount I am paying them and there is no other secured loan mentioned on my I&E ?!

- second query is the housekeeping costs I put down as £xxx and they thought it wasn't enough for an adult with two kids.

Well, if I put that any higher I have to reduce the arrears payment to them, but as I have been paying this exact amount for approx three years now I can obviously afford it.

My latest I&E is not significantly different from the one I did before , and they didn't have these questions at that time.

I think they are just making this up. They can't be serious !!!

Still no account statement from them.

Have asked them again but no reply. Hopefully it will be part of the SAR, if not I will have to maybe go the FOS route just to get a statement from them.

A complete joke

Got SAR documents now. Quite interesting as they claim a lot of information they hold does not fall within the ambit of the Data Protection Act, stating it is not kept on relevant filing systems. (?)

They also refused to provide details about commissions paid to (or received from) introducers or money received from an insurer as that is not personal data.

They have included some screenshots , the original agreement, copies of my letters and e-mails to them (even photocopies of the envelopes I sent my letters in !) :wink: plus copies of their letters to me. Plus an account statement which only goes up to the beginning of January.

They sent it a few days ago and is dated March, so about 2.5 months are missing on the statement.

There are no fees or charges on that statement apart from a fee from last year for a letter they sent, but that has since been re-credited.

If they have got a separate account just for the fees and charges I assume they would have had to include that in the SAR documents ?

Also the statement does not give an up to date arrears balance. There is no mention of that, confusingly enough the correspondence that was included gives a wide variety of arrears figures. The best one for me would be the one shown in correspondence from last year which is just over 2K. But some letters show it at over 3K and some somewhere in the middle.

So the SAR raised more questions than what it answered.

An interesting point is that they have only recently started to charge interest on the arrears balance, they didn't for a long time but have only started doing this according to the statement.

I still haven't got an up to date arrears balance from Idem.

That information was not included in the SAR,

I have requested it several times but all they sent me now is account statements with no indication what the arrears are.

I am now in the process of negotiating a financial settlement with my ex husband and my solicitor needs an arrears balance, but IDEM won't send me the required information.

I have requested a credit report from Experian and Callcredit and on one of them I can see a delinquent balance against the IDEM loan which is higher than the outstanding balance.

I assume if I deduct one from the other the difference should be the actual arrears which IDEM is recording ?

I am at a loss how to get them to comply with my request for an updated arrears statement.

They didn't even include it in the SAR paperwork.

Any ideas ?

Ok, received an allegedly up to date arrears statement in the post today.

Dated 22.03, amount in arrears £3368.-, I compared this with an arrears notification from November and December last year:

November 28th 2016, arrears figure £2806, December 6th 2016 arrears figure £2226, March 22nd 2017 arrears figure £3368.-

WTF :-x

I feel another letter to their customer service department coming along....

Arrears are now down to just over £1000

.-, have been paying contractual (plus around £30 per month for the arrears.)

Also my ex is paying nothing, as he no longer lives here but resides with his girlfriend in her house, so is not paying a penny.

IDEM keeps sending him letters to make payments, which he ignores.

They then add £12 per letter to the account which I am trying to repay on my own.

So for every letter they send him, I get charged £12

Today I got a letter from IDEM claiming they can't get hold of me and they intend to send a field agent to visit me, cost £100

The letter itself cost £10

Sent them a letter and e-mail in return telling them visit is neither required nor needed.

I have also asked for an Actuarial Account Accrual Summary Sheet, to see what charges have been building up, as I am not entirely sure how many letters they have sent my ex.

I intend re-claim all arrears charges and have told them so in my latest letter.

I had a court hearing on the 4th of February with regards to my divorce and ancilliary relief proceedings.

It was the final hearing, I am asking for maintenance payments from my ex to help repay the substantial amount of debt he has left behind.

The handing down of judgement is expected on the 28.02, so if I am awarded maintenance (I have asked for 50% of the contractual payments to IDEM) I can increase payments towards to arrears and clear them reasonably quickly.

If I do not get this award, then my circumstances will remain the same and I will continue to pay the £30 a month towards the arrears.

IDEM was fully aware of this, but sent me the field agent visit letter dated the 7th of February, claiming they couldn't get hold of me.

I have no idea what they are playing at really.

Edited by dx100uk
merge/space

they are just trying to rack the outstanding up with unlawful fees and charges which you and they know can all be reclaimed.

sadly usual tactics for them.

Do you also think because the arrears are coming down and it may now not be long until they are cleared they are looking for other ways to rack it back up ?

sure pick you reason.

its raining today..we'll charge him that its his fault.

:oops:

Yeah, that's probably right.

I suppose I can't do much more than write back to them, tell them the visit is not required and that I intend to reclaim all arrears charges they have put on so far, which is what I have done.

As I am continuing to pay the contractual payment plus on top for the arrears and they are not sending these payments back, I suppose that constitutes acceptance of my arrears payment, doesn't it ?

no.

Ah, fair enough :-)

But if they don't accept it, shouldn't they send it back or in reverse, if they keep it, don't they therefore accept it ? :???:

probably left leg not knowing what the right is doing.

have they returned payment then?

I bet not!

They have now accepted my proposal , they wanted me to fill out a I&E form but never told me that.

They sent me an account statement showing only a few £10 charges for letters, which have been refunded though.

They also processed my complaint and upheld it in part.

They said it was unneccessary to threaten me with a field agent visit as I maintained payments towards the arrears at all times and the arrears are being cleared, less than two months worth remaining now. (£800)

They didn't uphold my complaint about the charges, as they maintain there hardly are any and those £10 letter charges have since been refunded.

I am now looking to hopefully get rid of IDEM soon by means of a remortgage as part of my divorce proceedings.

I will try and consolidate the remaining outstanding main mortgage with Nat West and the outstanding IDEM loan to one charge against the property.

So hopefully this spook will soon be over.

Please fill in your quit date here