What to include in an appeal letter?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Merry Xmas all (not for me).

I was dismissed not long ago and believe you me it was a a complete farce.

I am currently seeking legal advice and was wondering what information I NEED to include in my appeal letter? The reason I ask is because I am reluctant to showing my hand at this stage so to speak. The company has already proven to conjur up a case to support their stance and by giving them my detailed reasons for appeal, I would be giving them an early Christmas pressie to wrap and seal me up.

If anyone has any links to any template letters, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

From whom are you seeking legal advice? Presumabley they have more details of specifics than you have given here and so are better placed to advise?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Ive called a few employment law solicitors for a callback so I am in the very early stages however, Id like to put the company on notice that I would like to appeal without going into full details. Do I have to write the letter in a particular format and include specfics?

Dear x,

further to your letter of (date) I hereby confirm that I wish to appeal the dismissal on grounds of xxx.

I have supporting documentation which I wish to present at the appeal meeting.

Please advise of the proposal date/time asap so I can confirm my union representative will be able to attend.

Yours,

• Haha 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi

You need to be aware that their will be a time limit for appealing after the dismissal and have you been informed of this, in fact were you infomed of your right to appeal after the disciplinary hearing.

Also have a look at the ACAS Website will be useful to you: www.acas.org.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group