Parking'ticket' in my private parking bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, newbie to this forum and delighted to have come across it and to have seen that the advice is very consistent so think I know what the response to this will be.

I got a 'ticket' having parked in my own parking bay (I own the flat) from a company called UCS for not displaying an up to date parking permit as issued by the management agency.

Having previoulsy read up about these 'fines' I chose to ignore it and promptly placed an upto date permit in the car windscreen.

3 months later and I have now received a letter fromTNC parking - a debt solution agency who UCS presumably sell the 'ticket' to. They have sent me the obligatory reminder threatening legal action etc and I have thus far chosen to ignore both letters; they have now sent me a FINAL DEMAND PAYMENT saying that unless i pay them now they have no choice but to recommend that UCS begin legal action.

From what I have read on here I have absolutely no doubt that they are just bluffing and will go away. However, I may have made a mistake in complaining by email to the management agency for the estate that they are basically contracting a bunch of cowboys with no legitimate prospect of enforcing payment and that they/should reconsider who they contract (as after all they should be acting in the residents best interests?) I received a rather cold response stating that the ticket is legally enforceable and that unless I pay TNC they can begin legal action.

I responded stating that they hadnt understood my point but she then replied to that again stressing that I needed to contact TNC and that they could legally enforce the 'ticket' - she also forwarded the email correspondance to UCS who sent me a furtrher email 'confirming' that they could legallyenforce the charge amd that I needed to contact TNC immediately.

Apart from being thoroughly agrieved that my management agency forwarded on correspondance to UCS that had nothing to do with them I'm starting to get a bit concerned now.

For the sake of my own ease of mind could somebody just confirm that I just need to comtinue ignoring any mail and that they will eventually go away?

Thanks,

Imagine the Judges face when this cowboy company explain that they are sueing you for using your own space.

Do you own the space and what does it say about the space in your deeds?

These will go nowhere near court, but you may want to have some fun with them, I would. :)

I would look forwards to them taking you to court you own the space!!!

it is a real shame they will go no where near court

Made me laugh so thank you for that:-)

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

• 3 months later...

Just to give you all an update:

I have ignored all correspondence, of which the last was just before Christmas and threatened to begin legal procedings.

4 months later and I've heard absolutely NOTHING more from them.

I expect that there is a chance somewhere down the line they may write again if they get bored but thanks for the advice to IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE!

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly i would question how they are able to give a ticket on your space, if they gave you a ticket it is clearly not owned by you,but allocated which unfortunately they can give you tickets for. I have checked up on this company and it turns out they are members of the British Parking Association and not cowboys! They would have to oblige to the code of practice from the British Parking Association and i very much doubt they would act cowboyish if they are only 1 of around 70 operators approved for purpose. I live on one of there developments and was done for parking in my allocated space, they took it to court by getting my details from the DVLA when i ignored them :( They won because it was allocated land and not owned, and they have a contract in place from the actual owner of the land! Have you checked your case has been to court? as you may not of got the notification letter though and they did it without you?? I would definitely not recommend ignoring it cos I paid for that mistake, especially when they are approved to do the job they did on me! They seem legit if you didn't put a permit up like i did, check with Citizens Advice Bureau.

I am a director for a block that uses UCS and we put them in place to stop people parking additional cars on site. Most blocks only have one space per flat and some greedy residents like to park their car, their partner’s car and their visitor’s cars on site, meaning that actual visitors and other residents cannot park on site. This is why we bring in companies to patrol the site. All requirements are agreed in advance and all owners are advised of the rules, if you do not display a permit, how can they tell the difference between legit and non-legit parking??

Most blocks have designated parking as the other person said; these spaces are not always owned by the properties.

If there are parking regulations in place, and you are aware of these, it is your own fault if you get caught for not following the rules.

If I lived in a block that brought in such a company I would be looking at getting the residents together and either buying the freehold or at least managing it ourselves. No wonder so many of these developments are pushed towards the buy-to-let market, the poor sods who are just tenants have no rights or representation and just become cash cows for another tier of administratium.

I am a director for a block that uses UCS and we put them in place to stop people parking additional cars on site. Most blocks only have one space per flat and some greedy residents like to park their car, their partner’s car and their visitor’s cars on site, meaning that actual visitors and other residents cannot park on site. This is why we bring in companies to patrol the site. All requirements are agreed in advance and all owners are advised of the rules, if you do not display a permit, how can they tell the difference between legit and non-legit parking??

Most blocks have designated parking as the other person said; these spaces are not always owned by the properties.

If there are parking regulations in place, and you are aware of these, it is your own fault if you get caught for not following the rules.

What rules as there is no such thing as parking rules on private land! UCS only exist to fleece people and have as much power as the cat next door!

What rules as there is no such thing as parking rules on private land! UCS only exist to fleece people and have as much power as the cat next door!

The land has regulations. Any person who owns a leasehold or freehold flat enters into a lease, these leases have terms. If you read the details it will all become clear!

You must be a tenant rather than an owner to think that.

I knew i shouldn't have tempted fate!

I have now received a letter from 'Parking Collection Services' stating that my details have been passed to them by UCS and that I must make the full payment (£120) within 14 days to 'avoid further action'.

On the back they quote the 'Administration of Justice Act 1970'.

Based on the last few posts on here I am a little concerned now and a bit of a dilemma as to how to proceed??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have continued to ignore the correspondence and today received this letter from 'Debt Recovery Plus Ltd':

Dear ******

We act on behalf of UCS PArking Ltd

Our client has written to you previously explaining that your vehicle was parked in breach of the agreed terms and conditions regarding parking on their client's private land. As payment has not been received our client has instructed us to recover the above monies (£120) from you as the driver at the time the vehicle was parked.

It is essential that payment is made to us within 7 days of the date of this letter. If you are having difficulty in making the payment then please contact our office on 0844 561 0965 to discuss your proposal for payment.

We are a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) and its Approved Operator Scheme and we adhere to its code of practise. As the registered keeper it is important that you inform us immediately if you have sold/hired the car. If you were not the driver, please provide us with the name and address of the person who was driving the vehicle at the relevant time. This is important so that we can avoid pursuing the wrong person.

The BPA code of practise states that "the courts do not look favourably on motorists or consumers who try to withhold information from operators when it has been asked for with genuine, reasonable and proper cause". Accordingly, if we do not receive full payment or contact from you with your proposal for payment, this matter may be passed to our solicitor to commence County Court proceedings.

Always quote our reference number ****** on all correspondence regarding this matter. If you have made payment since the date of this letter then please ignore this reminder

Payment instructions are detailed overleaf

Could really do with some guidance here guys:

1) Presumably I have missed the window to make a formal appeal so there is no point challenging now and asking for a POPLA ref?

2) This is now the 4th company who have demanded money - initially it was UCS who issued the PCN, then I had letters 3 months later from TNC all threatening legal action, then 2 weeks ago from Parking Collection Services and now from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd -if I was to pay who would the money actually be going to?

3) Is this still all following a standard route that will eventually go away - so far I have completely ignored although I had sent a stroppy email to the Management company of the block of flats who had the decency to forward onto UCS who then replied back to me reiterating that the PCN was legally enforceable and had to be paid.

4) Overall - what should I do next - their letter is dated 26th April and I have only seen it today - what should I do before their 7 days on FRiday?

Tell them to go forth and multiply. preferably in the nearest sewer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A further update - I have emailed DVLA to enquire whether TNC were able to apply for my details so awaiting clarification about that.

Today (3rd May) is 7 days from the most recent letter from Debt Recovery Plus.

This morning I received a letter from my old friends TNC (letter dated 26th April but not received until today - 3rd May) headed FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT - advising that due to my non payment they have no option but to recommend legal action to their client (UCS). My only alternative is that I must now pay the FULL AMOUNT OF £112.50 within the next 14 days.

So - to summarise on 26th April both TNC and Debt Recovery Plus wrote to me in separate letters demanding £112.50 and £120 respectively and both have given me different time spans to pay them.

Not that I intend to pay either of them but if i paid TNC would Debt Recovery Plus still expect payment and visa versa? Could I tell both that I had paid the other and would they ever find out? Do UCS recive any of this payment as presumably they are the most legitimate (least illegitimate) benefactors of my money?