Jsa to Esa claim - DWP is overloading me with documents to provide - self employed

MoonTop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can't help with the ESA but I can certainly sympathise about the migraine. I'm 50 now and don't get them, but between 17 and 19 I was regularly floored by them. Vile things, just like you, burning eyes, nose and mouth with it, aching in every joint, completely floored, and the head pain well, vile. I used to get a smell like spent matches before they started, then visual disturbance, then bang, excrutiatiing agony for up t0 three days. It is such a nasty condition that even now, what, 33 years on, I can remember how awful they were I hope you get this sorted out. I never found out what caused them, and more importantly, why they just stopped. I'm female, so maybe something hormonal?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't get anywhere with this, without a GP signing you off as sick.

If you are having constant migraines, this may be because of some other condition you are suffering from and the migraine is just a sympton. Make sure your GP is willing to investigate thoroughly and they should arrange a blood check, plus anything else that is necessary.

I have got my GP sicknote for a month starting 27 December 2012 and I have sent this last with my ESA form yesterday.

The problem is that presently my headache has worsened and even become worst when I am under stress.

In fact, Job Centre is presently saying that it is because they wanted me to start a work programme that i am saying i am sick (my headache has considerably worsened since august 2012 and i was already informing Job Centre about this before they start talking about work programme). In fact, due to my sickness I should have claimed from the beginning for ESA instead of JSA (but i had just wrongly followed my citizen advice bureau advice (they had claim the JSA on my behalf)).

Edited by MoonTop

Can't help with the ESA but I can certainly sympathise about the migraine. I'm 50 now and don't get them, but between 17 and 19 I was regularly floored by them. Vile things, just like you, burning eyes, nose and mouth with it, aching in every joint, completely floored, and the head pain well, vile. I used to get a smell like spent matches before they started, then visual disturbance, then bang, excrutiatiing agony for up t0 three days. It is such a nasty condition that even now, what, 33 years on, I can remember how awful they were I hope you get this sorted out. I never found out what caused them, and more importantly, why they just stopped. I'm female, so maybe something hormonal?

I hope it will stop for me equally soon since it has totally broken my life at the moment. Before this sickness I had a good executive job but now i have claim for £71 a week (within harassment from Job Centre because they do not understand what is a severe migraine).

I have got my GP sicknote for a month starting 27 December 2012 and I have sent this last with my ESA form yesterday.

The problem is that presently my headache has worsened and even become worst when I am under stress.

In fact, Job Centre is presently saying that it is because they wanted me to start a work programme that i am saying i am sick (my headache has considerably worsened since august 2012 and i was already informing Job Centre about this before they start talking about work programme). In fact, due to my sickness I should have claimed from the beginnin for ESA instead of JSA (but i had just wrongly followed my citizen advice bureau advice (they had claim the JSA on my behalf)).

It may take at least 14 days for them to process the ESA claim and it will only start from the date you made the ESA claim. So you could be waiting over two weeks before you get any money. When they process the ESA claim, they may or may not notice the open JSA claim. If they notice the open JSA claim, they may tell you that they cannot process the ESA claim, until you have closed down the JSA claim. It could get messy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I hope it will stop for me equally soon since it has totally broken my life at the moment. Before this sickness I had a good executive job but now i have claim for £71 a week (within harassment from Job Centre because they do not understand what is a severe migraine).

I get migraines on occasions, but I have managed to recognise the signals and so can stop them from getting too bad. When I get them, I notice blurred vision in one eye, which then progresses with one side of my body going totally numb, then a severe headache, but luckilly no nausea. I then have to sit still, with eyes closed for a few hours until my eyesight and numbness goes, but still have a headache for a few days.

What I found works to stop the migraines is this. Drink plenty of water and never go without some form of snack every few hours. Eat proper meals and don't skip them. Don't have too much caffeine. When you notice any symptons, you should immediately drink loads of water and have a sandwich, plus something sweet. Sit still for half an hour and try to relax. This may sound odd but works for me. I massage my temples on my forehead for a few minutes, clasp my hands together and use either hand to rub the opposite arm. I am no expert, but I seem to remember that a doctor once said that migraines are related to the brain/system not being balanced and as I suffer from eyesight/numbness down one side, I try to stimulate the brain back into being balanced again. I have done this for the last 10-15 years and on the few occasions a migraine has started, it has made it go away.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When they process the ESA claim, they may or may not notice the open JSA claim. If they notice the open JSA claim, they may tell you that they cannot process the ESA claim, until you have closed down the JSA claim. It could get messy.

They will notice it since when I have called Job Centre Plus, they have told me straight that my JSA claim has not been closed. As I had explained it's my Job Centre adviser whom have not closed despite of the fact I have sent a confirmation email for this purpose.

What I found works to stop the migraines is this. Drink plenty of water and never go without some form of snack every few hours. Eat proper meals and don't skip them. Don't have too much caffeine. When you notice any symptons, you should immediately drink loads of water and have a sandwich, plus something sweet. Sit still for half an hour and try to relax. This may sound odd but works for me. I massage my temples on my forehead for a few minutes, clasp my hands together and use either hand to rub the opposite arm. I am no expert, but I seem to remember that a doctor once said that migraines are related to the brain/system not being balanced and as I suffer from eyesight/numbness down one side, I try to stimulate the brain back into being balanced again. I have done this for the last 10-15 years and on the few occasions a migraine has started, it has made it go away.

I have notice something in this trend but what was a bit decreasing the headache for me was a lot of fitness (at least 6 days a week) and good meals on a regular basis...but even with this the burning eyes and headache was remaining very painfull and on the daily basis. I have stopped coffee and tea a month ago (coffee was making me less feel the pain but certainly was increasing the headache frequencies).

Two weeks ago, I had to call the GP emergency since I even had severe pain in my knees.

They will notice it since when I have called Job Centre Plus, they have told me straight that my JSA claim has not been closed. As I had explained it's my Job Centre adviser whom have not closed despite of the fact I have sent a confirmation email for this purpose.

Did you fill in a form to say that you don't want to claim JSA any more? When I signed off, I spoke to a lady at the job centre who filled in a form for me.

Did you fill in a form to say that you don't want to claim JSA any more? When I signed off, I spoke to a lady at the job centre who filled in a form for me.

No, i have not filled any form : My adviser had just ask me by email to confirm that I wanted to claim for ESA and I have confirmed it by email (that was two days ago) to my adviser and her manager.

The manager have just answered to my email to inform that my JSA claim has been closed. However, she still asking me to make the claim to ESA by contacting 0800 055 6688 immediately while in my previous email I had informed them that due to my sickness I had downloaded the ESA form for my claim instead of calling 0800 055 6688. The ESA form has been sent to Job Centre yesterday.

Edited by MoonTop

Moontop you should have returned your ES40 card ideally to allow the claim to beclosed correctly (e.g a signature from you to give written authority to close the claim that matches the signature on the fron of your es80a held in the JCP), alternatively once the claim for ESA had been received at the benefits processing office they can email a request to JSA to close the current JSA claim but JSA are supposed to check with JCP if the ES40 has been received before the go ahead and close the claim.

Did you post your ESA application to JCP or directly to the Benefits Processing Centre?

Moontop you should have returned your ES40 card ideally to allow the claim to beclosed correctly (e.g a signature from you to give written authority to close the claim that matches the signature on the fron of your es80a held in the JCP), alternatively once the claim for ESA had been received at the benefits processing office they can email a request to JSA to close the current JSA claim but JSA are supposed to check with JCP if the ES40 has been received before the go ahead and close the claim.

Did you post your ESA application to JCP or directly to the Benefits Processing Centre?

Two days ago, I went to my local Job Centre to certify/verify my orginal document and they they gave me an envelop for the whole document for my Esa claim : The address was my local Job Centre Plus address.

I have sent the form and other documents by special delivery and they should have received it by now.

Edited by MoonTop

Oh yes UncleB -a feeling like cotton wool on one side of my tongue, side of face. Rarely was I sick, but oh the pain like being poked through the eyeball with a biro! And I also recall one occasion when an attack was doubled with a craving for ice cream, and it actually eased the pain. I also recall that if I was able to eat, then salt smothered things actually made me feel better (chips). Also ice cold lemonade, a really fizzy one. Out of all the pain killers, I found soluble fizzy ones the best. (Anything with codeine in it actually made me worse it upset my tum and made me feel sick.) All the relaxation things you mentioned used to ease it a little for me as well.

I do feel for you Moontop trying to sort all this out in the midst of all this head pain. Lets hope it all gets sorted soonest for you so you can concentrate on dealing with your health. XX

I do feel for you Moontop trying to sort all this out in the midst of all this head pain. Lets hope it all gets sorted soonest for you so you can concentrate on dealing with your health. XX

Thanks JackieAndWayne

I am presently really unlucky : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377671-Unlawful-Eviction-today-Landlord-has-changed-the-locks&p=4094889#post4094889

I had asked a crisis loan for rent in advance + deposit as soon as I start being harassed but the DWP told me that ( despite of my sickness) I was "not in emergency" (because "i was not homeless yet"), and same for Independent Review Examiner.

Edited by MoonTop

Hi all,

I have received a letter today from DWP asking me again the GP sicknote : I have added the original sicknote to my ESA form I have sent to them.

They are doing the same for my passport : a veified copy of my passport has been equally with the ESA form.

In addition, they are equally asking me to fill the HRT2 which the habitual residential test : as i am french, i am from the eea and i don't have to do this hr test.

Hi all,

I have received a letter today from DWP asking me again the GP sicknote : I have added the original sicknote to my ESA form I have sent to them.

They are doing the same for my passport : a veified copy of my passport has been equally with the ESA form.

In addition, they are equally asking me to fill the HRT2 which the habitual residential test : as i am french, i am from the eea and i don't have to do this hr test.

You have right to reside due to being an EEA citizen, but not necessarily habitual residence for benefit puposes. Even a British citizen who had ticked the form to indicate spending time abroad in the last two years would have to complete a habitual residence form for an income based benefit.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

You have right to reside due to being an EEA citizen, but not necessarily habitual residence for benefit puposes. Even a British citizen who had ticked the form to indicate spending time abroad in the last two years would have to complete a habitual residence form for an income based benefit.
I am migrating from 9 months JSA (when they had wrongly made me the Habitual Residential Test) to ESA. If leave the UK for less than 6 months i still UK resident. And I had not ticked the form to indicate that I lived abroad.

Also, everybody in the UK going on holiday oversea must do an Habitual Residential Test?

I am migrating from 9 months JSA (when they had wrongly made me the Habitual Residential Test) to ESA. If leave the UK for less than 6 months i still UK resident. And I had not ticked the form to indicate that I lived abroad.

Also, everybody in the UK going on holiday oversea must do an Habitual Residential Test?

Each benefit reassesses HRT for themselves - it's one of those circumstances where the forms are sent automatically. I think the question for british citizens is about being abroad for more than 13 week in the last year - so no, holidays would be ignored, unless they had more than 13 weeks of holidays.

I think the question for british citizens is about being abroad for more than 13 week in the last year - so no, holidays would be ignored, unless they had more than 13 weeks of holidays.
In my case I am an EEA citizen that have not left the country for more than 12 months...

In my case I am an EEA citizen that have not left the country for more than 12 months...

As an EEA citizen your right to reside and habitual residence for benefit purposes is likely to be assessed on any claim, unless you have a permanent residense card, which proves you have lived here for more than five years.

I'd speculate that your circumstances suggest you are likely to be found to be habitually resident for ESA purposes, but the test is still required.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hello there.

I don't know if this will help, it's from the DWP website.

Moontop, I don't know as much as Estellyn, but I wonder if habitual residence or residence might be different for benefits and tax purposes?

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/benefits/employment-and-support/#uk

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

I don't know if this will help, it's from the DWP website.

Moontop, I don't know as much as Estellyn, but I wonder if habitual residence or residence might be different for benefits and tax purposes?

My best, HB

Yes, HB, right of residence as an EEA citizen for immigration purposes, and right to reside for benefit purposes are different things.

Hello there.

I wonder if habitual residence or residence might be different for benefits and tax purposes?

On the link you have provided it is written:

Income-related ESA

If you have not paid enough National Insurance contributions, you may be able to claim income-related ESA, depending on your income and capital. You must satisfy the habitual residence test by being habitually resident and having a right to reside in the UK, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.

EEA nationals who work in the UK and their family members are exempt from the habitual residence test, but their work must be registered with the Home Office Worker Registration Scheme if they are nationals of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia or the Slovak Republic. Nationals of Bulgaria or Romania are either subject to the Worker Authorisation Scheme or must hold a registration certificate.

I am an EEA national, self-employed (my limited company is based in London) and I am from France.