Is it worth getting seperate Car Warrany?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking into getting a VW Golf, not sure where from but I now know to stay away from carcraft and AC.

I'm really worried about buying a car that develops problems and I'm aware of the rubbish warranties you tend to get when you buy a used car.

I then saw that you can take out a separate warranty on various websites

SOGA covers you.

Warraties are a waste of time and money

rarely pay out too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm aware of the Sales of Goods Act (Ex CAB) and in an ideal world that would suffice but realistically it will probably result in small claims courts and losing out in the end, on top of that I just don't have the time for that stuff.

I'd rather just get a good warranty and be done with it, sure it will cost but I'm willing to burn money for peace of mind. From the looks of it, warranty direct are decent though.

There is no such thing as a good warranty. The majority of claims are thrown out as 'wear and tear' so leaving you with the premium to pay and no contribution to a mechanical breakdown.

Hi, I had a quick look on the warranty direct website and it states that failures caused by wear and tear are covered.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with warranty direct.

Conniff is 100% right.

Depending on where you are located, it may be worth looking at the Scottish Motor Trades Association warranty. I bought one for my daughters last car and it was a godsend. Perhaps a bit pricey, but had no hassle on claims and her garage didn't have to wait on authorisation-----small local garage with good reputation.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I had a quick look on the warranty direct website and it states that failures caused by wear and tear are covered.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with warranty direct.

Try a search for them with rip off after it and see what comes up.

Edited by Conniff

Can you help me find some reviews please. I've had a look and the issues seem to be with warrantydirect.Com (us company) rather than warrantydirect.Co.Uk (unrelated UK company).

This is really doing my head in though, it's a first car I want so I'm sticking to 4.5k max and I just want something that will last me 3 years without to many issues.

Currently looking at an 06 ibiza fr diesel.

TBH if you are not looking for something sporty then perhaps a Toyota is worth considering as they seem to be very reliable and cheap to repair. Be careful of diesels if travelling short distances due to issues with DPF which can be costly. If the diesel is used frequently on motorways then they are a good buy, but not for short hops around town in stop and go traffic.

I heard about that dpf thing when I was looking at the Ford focus. I travel 18 miles to work and I'll be doing about 200+ miles each week. Petrol would cost me too much, I need to do at least 45mpg, I'm not after a sports car but I do need something I can use on the motorway and something that can 'move' if and when I need it to.

I heard about that dpf thing when I was looking at the Ford focus. I travel 18 miles to work and I'll be doing about 200+ miles each week. Petrol would cost me too much, I need to do at least 45mpg, I'm not after a sports car but I do need something I can use on the motorway and something that can 'move' if and when I need it to.

Is that 18 miles mostly motor way driving? Many small petrol cars will easily achieve 45mpg. Petrol is a lot cheaper than diesel so break even point has shifted. We have a diesel mainly for towing and also a petrol 1996 1300cc automatic Toyota which gets 40mpg.

I would think that many modern petrol cars would easily beat that mpg. A 1600cc probably offers you the best option whether petrol or diesel. The choice is yours, power and fuel guzzling or sedate and fuel economy. I think many of us buy using the heart instead of the head when buying. :-D

Haha I agree there, heart not head. It can be motorway but if it's too congested, I'll have to use normal roads but I should be able to open it up at least once a week if that helps. I would like something that is a bit quick, I'm going to have to do the math and see how I feel.