Is this Parking ticket fair?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i found this parking space in my town center and i have been parking here for around 2 years and never got a ticket. i thought that because all the road markings were rubbed off i couldnt get a ticket.

today however, i got a ticket! gutted!

the ticket said "Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher"

Here are the pictures:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40179[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40180[/ATTACH]

seel st , liverpool, i know it well

nope, their are plenty of road signs up and down seel st saying pay and display, i suspect the markings your on about are the small white bay marks, they look like they have been eroded for want of a better word by roadworks replacing the tarmac

if you got a ticket for not parking in the marked bay or simelar, i would say you have an argument but as seen as you have parked their for free for 2 years i would say u have been just lucky

I'm starting to wonder if the parking bays are incorrectly marked anyway, which if they are would mean no offense occurred.

From what I understand if a parking bay starts and ends with a double transverse line then it must have single transverse lines markings for individual bays, but for a continuous bay (without transverse lines marking out the bays) it should start and end with a single transverse line not double.

If I am right, then by parking in a continuous bay that starts and ends with double transverse lines is an invalid parking bay, meaning parking can not be enforced in incorrectly marked areas?

Is it in a CPZ? I suspect it is. I would appeal on the grounds that the bay markings are faded/poorly maintained but I don't hold out much hope TBH.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Is it in a CPZ? I suspect it is. I would appeal on the grounds that the bay markings are faded/poorly maintained but I don't hold out much hope TBH.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

no its not a CPZ its just a normal pay and display. i will make my informal appeal tonight. is there any templates i could use?

Thanks

i have been up and down the road and their are no CPZ signs.

The signs will be at the start of the CPZ which won't necessarily be at the end of the street you have parked in.

Please Note

• 4 months later...

ok so just an update on this.

Back when i got the ticket in december i made an informal appealed using the .gov website and i never heard anything back until yesterday! 5 months later.

the letter said they are cancelling the ticket :)

WIN!