Debenhams - Faulty Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I bought a jacket in Glasgow Debenhams last weekend. It was fairly expensive, for me at least, £110. Its never actually been worn yet, but my partner was looking at it and noticed stitching is burst around the inside pocket. To be fair I had never noticed this when I tried on in the store. I did look at the out side and under the sleeves but not on the inside.

I took back to my local store in Falkirk, however they dont sell the jacket. Staff member said they could send it away to get fixed. I reasonably believe if spending that money on a jacket I dont want it repaired, however they said that was the company policy, which sounds totally ridiculous to me.

Initially I was looking to exchange, which I explained to the member of staff, however now I'm so peaved off I'm thinking I want a refund and I'll get a jacket elsewhere.

I'm going to go through to Glasgow tomorrow assuming but would appreciate if someone could explain what my rights are rather than what Debenhams want them to be.

Thanks in advance

i would expect an exchange or a credit note if they can no longer supply you with the same product, i could imagine after having the item for a week it would be hard to prove it has not been worn on grounds for a full financail refund ! does the item still have the tag on ?

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Refunds are not very reliable. Take it back with the receipt and ask for a refund that works.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...