Bess2012

Wonga Repayment Plan Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2491 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last week I managed to set up a repayment plan for Wonga using the help from this forum, many thanks to everyone. I stuck to the advice given here, did not answer any calls and only communicated by email and by the afternoon they had agreed to my repayment amount, even though they first declined the amount I had said I could pay.

My question is can I move money back into my original account, as I had stayed up and moved my wages to a savings account the minute it hit my current account. I would like to move some money back into my current account to cover direct debits due to come off this week, but I am afraid Wonga will take the money? I have written to Wonga and Bank of Scotland to continue my continuous payments, and told Wonga not to debit my account or I would report them and the bank to the FSA, and I have also already paid them this month's repayment amount ahead of time.

I have kept copies of everything from Wonga and they have agreed the repayment plan.

I could not have managed all of this without the help of everyone on this forum, and I would say to anyone worried about repaying Wonga follow the advice here it works and it works FAST!

Hello and Welcome Bess,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Bess, just confirm you have a hard copy of Wonga agreeing to your payment amount?

How to word it. Yes they can take money out of your account, but it would be unlawful for them to do so and the bank would have to put it right back in as it would be a transaction not agreed or authorised by you. Them agreeing to a payment plan is a contract that will supercede any past payment plan unless there is a time limit on it when it would revert to their last payment plan.

You should have given your bank instructions cancelling any continuous debit card payments, an instruction your bank must adhere to.

Hi Conniff

I do have an email from them saying that they agree to my payment plan and stipulating the payments to be paid each month. I did pay this early this month through my banks online payment process and I printed a copy of the screenshot of the payment being confirmed to them.

I have written to Wonga and the Bank of Scotland in writing telling them both that I no longer wished the continuous payment authority to continue for Wonga.

Wonga did email me today to say that they could not collect this payment, but I have emailed them back to once again tell them I do not wish for them to debit my account and that I will pay through the online system as they had given me their bank details to pay in this way. So I think I will hang off a couple of days before transferring any money into that account until they confirm that they have received my payment for this month.

Thanks for your advice that it would be illegal for them to debit any money and also for the bank to pay them. I am just a bit wary of trusting them at this point.

Thanks