Parking Ticket - Help Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I recently got a parking ticket when I was parked on a single yellow line. I've looked round the threads and seen the info regarding dates. Can anybody advise if they are allowed to just write on the ticket i.e. It has "Date" printed and then underneath they have written "of notice".

If so does anybody have any template letters I could use.

I have a photo of the ticket and can email it if required.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

I recently got a parking ticket when I was parked on a single yellow line. I've looked round the threads and seen the info regarding dates. Can anybody advise if they are allowed to just write on the ticket i.e. It has "Date" printed and then underneath they have written "of notice".

If so does anybody have any template letters I could use.

I have a photo of the ticket and can email it if required.

[/url]

Thanks in advance.

Hi check out this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/5232-your-parking-ticket-may-new-post.html :D

Does it have 2 dates on the ticket? If not send them this:

Dear Sir,

Re:PCN xxxxx Vehicle: xxxxx

I question the validity of the PCN as the PCN in question does not have the "Date of Issue" clearly marked as per the instructions of Section 66 (3) Road Traffic Act 1991 and does not adhere to the standards demonstrated clearly by the DoT model ticket.

I refer you to the judicial review Moses v Barnet Council in the High Court on August 2nd 2006. This test case decision by Mr. Justice Jackson ruled that Barnet's parking tickets were invalid as they did not have two dates on them, one a date of contravention and the other a date of issue. He also said that any parking ticket needs those two dates to be valid

Therefore, I would be grateful if you would cancel the above PCN.

Yours sincerely,

Dear Sir,

Re:PCN xxxxx Vehicle: xxxxx

I question the validity of the PCN as the PCN in question does not have the "Date of Issue" clearly marked as per the instructions of Section 66 (3) Road Traffic Act 1991 and does not adhere to the standards demonstrated clearly by the DoT model ticket.

I refer you to the judicial review Moses v Barnet Council in the High Court on August 2nd 2006. This test case decision by Mr. Justice Jackson ruled that Barnet's parking tickets were invalid as they did not have two dates on them, one a date of contravention and the other a date of issue. He also said that any parking ticket needs those two dates to be valid

Therefore, I would be grateful if you would cancel the above PCN.

Yours sincerely,

Does the above still apply if "Date of issue" is handwritten and there is no other date i.e. does the test case decision apply to both dates or just date of issue?

Sorry if I'm being a bet dense here.

Thanks everybody, i will let you know what happens

I question the validity of the PCN as the PCN in question does not have the "Date of Contravention" clearly marked as per the instructions of Section 66 (3) Road Traffic Act 1991 and does not adhere to the standards demonstrated clearly by the DoT model ticket.

Sorry, just copied the letter where my PCN had no date of issue. Amend the letter as above

Hi All

I recently got a NTO from a PCN alledgedly issued by Southwark. No doubt i was parked where they said when they said but as far as i am aware, the vehicle was displaying a valid ticket. No PCN was attached to the vehicle (strangley another visitor to the same house also had the same experience). I have challenged this and said i will pay if they provide photographic proof of the offence. They replied saying that since they had the tax disk nubber recorded the ticket is valid but since ' ... an unknown third party might have removed the PCN ... " I can still get my 50% off!!! They ignored my request for photographic evidence. My question is - If they do not provide the evidence, what should i do??? i am confident that neither myself nor the other individual ever parked outside of paid for time. Is there any onus on Southwark to provide photos?? Help really appreciated

ian

It might be worth asking them what their protocols are for their wardens when they issue a ticket nowadays, to see if they are required to take photos of the offending vehicle, including photos of the vehicle after they have placed the ticket on it. If they give you an answer it is still worthwhile sticking to your guns with a request for any photographic evidence they may have.

For further help, its worth going to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice as motoring and parking is their speciality.

• 1 month later...

I have written to Trafford council but they are insisting that they have not been advised that their tickets are not lawful, I have involved my MP and he is awiting a reply from them, its very disressing as they have already instructed bailiffs, however I have complained about the bailiff and he has been put on hold I would be interested to know if there are any other members fighting Trafford residents Parking services. Also what is the situation regarding paid PCNs that were illegal? M'c has now changed its wording on PCNs however when I rang to ask for my money to be returned on a paid non compliant PCN they told me I had admitted liability by paying and that I had broken the law by going over the time on the parking meter. I would be grateful for any advice