Three chasing a debt I've never had..

Jam_Buttie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter from Three this month saying how sorry they are to hear of my ill health (?!)

Their letter askes me to contact them with my Three account number and/or mobile number so that they can update their details regarding the debt to the above account number.

The account number on the letter is: N/A (It really does say Account Number: N/A)

They are asking me to send in medical notes so that they can consider writing off the debt.

A few points:

• Firstly, I'm not ill. Last time I checked I was perfectly happy and healthy..
  • I have never had a Three account
  • I never will have a Three account

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I would be very wary of that letter as are you actually sure it has come from Three.

1. As you have pointed out it has no Account Number to reference.

2. They have no legal entitlement to request your medical information either.

I would do as Bazooka Boo has advised and IGNORE.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Had a letter from Three this month saying how sorry they are to hear of my ill health (?!)

Their letter askes me to contact them with my Three account number and/or mobile number so that they can update their details regarding the debt to the above account number.

The account number on the letter is: N/A (It really does say Account Number: N/A)

They are asking me to send in medical notes so that they can consider writing off the debt.

A few points:

• Firstly, I'm not ill. Last time I checked I was perfectly happy and healthy..
  • I have never had a Three account
  • I never will have a Three account

Have you contacted any DCA recently ? Could they have advised Three by mistake that you were ill ? I am just thinking that a DCA dealing with an account for someone else with a Three, has been ill so cannot pay and then somehow your details have been sent to Three. And then Three have written out without checking whether you ever held the account.

Can I suggest that you write back to Three (enclosing a copy of their letter), asking them for a copy of the communication they have received to say that you were ill and could not afford to pay a bill. Just say that you are confused about who would have contacted them to advise them of this. Don't let on about a possible mistake. If you find out a DCA had written in error, you might be able to have some fun at their expense.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If have never been a customer of 3, write a formal disclaimer of liability, if you want a letter drafted let me know before 0930 hrs tomorrow.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Was just going to send the Proove It letter tbh along with a copy of their letter highlighting the lack of Account Number for thr account I've never had lol.

Yes, but also include a line asking them to provide you with a copy of the communication which informed them about your illness.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Good morning JB.

Letter to The Data Controller at 3.

Ref:use theirs.

Dear sir,

Formal Complaint.

I refer to a letter dated xx xx xxxx received xx xx xxxx regarding a 3 account you believe is held by me, please note I am not a customer of 3 Mobile nor have I ever been a custome, and I do not acknowledge and liability for this account.

You refer to a letter regarding my state of health, as I am not ill in any way one wonders where this information has come from as I have obviously never written such a letter.

Therefore I state for clarity I am not nor ever have been a customer of 3 Mobile, I am not in ill health, I do not acknowledge any liability for this account.

You WILL now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records, if your company has reported on this alleged debt to any credit reference agencies you WILL immediately remove all data relating to me, failure to comply will result in a report to the Information Commissioners Office, and the telecoms regulator.

I expect your written confirmation that you have complied with my instructions with 14 calendar days from the date of this letter.

Recorded delivery is best so you can check when they receive the letter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
So....

Had reply today asking for "a little more information from you to help us find your account.."

Did you send them a copy of their letter ? If not, perhaps send them a copy.

Pratts, if they can't find with your personal data already available why in Hades should you do the work for them??