EssP

DVLA / ICI ltd advice required

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2484 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have read many of the posts regarding the DVLA and Inter-Credit International with interest as I just received a debt recovery notice yesterday.

I could really do with some advice as my situation seems a bit different.

The truth is, during a very stressful year my SORN has run out (31 March).

Exactly 6 months prior I moved house, put a redirect on my mail for 6 months and so never received the reminder.

I have received NO correspondence regarding this until the debt recovery letter from Inter-Credit International,

which is the standard one everyone else has posted here for £80 to avoid court proceedings

and clearly states that I'm receiving it because I have ignored all previous correspondence.

What would you (clearly experienced and knowledgeable) folk advise me to do next?

I don't want to just cough up to this debt recovery agency if I should be dealing with DVLA direct

as the message on here seems to be that ICI are best avoided.

Also, my bike remains currently un-SORNed, should I do that asap?

Many thanks for anyone taking the time to help a girl out during the festive season!

h).

Also, my bike remains currently un-SORNed, should I do that asap?

Yes it is free to do so leaving it as it is will cost you

keep it off the road too as that fine is more than the cost of the tax

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

OK will sort that. The bikes is not even running and it has been SORN'd for years so no problem with getting caught on the road, just a chaotic over sight on my part!

Any advice on next actions folks - do I contact DVLA and deal with them direct or do I entertain these credit people sending the threatening letters?