Arnold clark mis sold car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i bought a car from arnold clark it had few chips and a crease in the door plus shipped paint where crease was.Salesman said it be sorted so i picked carup 2 days later.they told me to pick it up at 5 or 6pm in pitch black i saw crease was sorted but paint wasnt. Was told itll get done. Next day in light i noticed more dents n creases in another door i reported it to the manager he said shouldnt be a problem to get the dent guys back out and my salesman will call me .he never did so i called he told me the manager said hes not willing to fix it.

My argument was

A... manager said he will fix.

B... i was given car in the dark with no way of viewing it which i pointed out.

Car wasnt in that state when i viewed it trust me i checked. Therefore happend in there care within the time of viewing and pick up.

What can i do apart from go back in tomorrow and argue my case. It was no cheap carvi bought a lexus is220d.

Edited by alanuk2012

Put it in writing and either take the letter in and get a signature for it or send it by recorded delivery.

You must remind them of their promise to restore the bodywork to how it was when viewed and their promise was the only reason you went ahead with the purchase. Tell them they have 14 days in which to do so. You can add that if the car isn't done as promised you will take it to the main dealer to be sorted and bill them for the work, failure of a refund will result in a court summons being issued.

You can do a court claim on line and it wont cost you much which you claim back should it get to court. Don't threaten court though if you aren't willing to go down that route.

Ill give that a try.ill be going down to ghe garage later on today to speak to them face to face.i will try keepy cool with them but being a soldier just returned from afghanistan im not willing to have them push me about.

Aye, just about par for the course. I bought a new car from them and it was damage free as expected.

When i collected it, the car had the nearside parked very close to a wall and LHO couldn't get in. I moved it forwards a little and LHO got in and we drove home, parked up in yard and left overnight. Next morning i went to get book from car and was horrified to see substantial damage to Ns sill and rear panel. Phoned Clark---they would repair. Collected car from their repairer and it was a complete mess. Back street repairer had to do it all over again as i told Clark i wouldn't accept car unless it was in original condition.

District nurse came in one day and told us that she had sent Vectra in for service. Car was delivered back to her house when she was at meal. When she went out to use car there was heavy damage to a door. She had MEGA hassle getting them to repair as they would only pay for part of work.

However, in both cases Clark didn't deny that they caused damage.

Rather strange---first complaint about Clark for a few weeks. Thought they maybe sacked employees who caused customers to post here! Naw, in that case they would be closed.

Arnold Shark--Never Again.

Its my own fault i bout a seat ibiza in 2005 from same place.the clutch wen after a month even when i has the extra cover that coverd clutch etc.but they claim wear n twar which kind of makes the warranty useless. Anyway car went in for service come back scratched and dented down side of car.eventually got them to fix it.But car came back 2 diffrent shadea of blue real dark and light blue.wtf was that all about they never fixed it because i was away and never saw it for few weeks