• Tweets

• Thanks for your reply...much appreciated. Last payment date was December 2018. She had been paying £50/month from July, and they wanted £150/month, despite my partner losing her PIP (which was eventually reinstated after appeal). She stopped paying anything after they failed to supply a true copy of the original CCA (which she took out in 1981). Her name and address were different in 1981 due to marriage (and subsequent divorce!). Again, no mention of that in the “reconstituted” agreement which they supplied. Once again, many thanks and we both appreciate you putting time in to helping with this, especially due to the increased financial pressures of Covid on many people who also need your help.
    • never get a cca for a debt of that age when was the last payment date?   dx  
    • i have shrunk the uploads earlier as they exceeded in total your upload limit try now in pdf.   BTW: the file a few posts up renamed burlington comms is very damning for them they knew they had done wrong having just read it.   now this subject needs addressing and sorting. where has all your available income been going for the last 12mts...why has this debt not been paid and why did you resort to even taking out an LBL in 1st place..usually its as a result of shear desperation and financial mismanagement as you could not get money elsewhere ...why ?   this debt is a priority ...2nd to everything other that what keeps a roof over your head like mortgage , rent. CTAX. gas/electric.   mobile phone/sky/broadband/credit cards/OD's/catalogue debts or accounts and anything else you payout for needs to be either cancelled or dropped to <£5PCM..they can't do anything to your roof or your car.   spill the beans..why were you in such a whole in 2018 that you ever had to goto these sharks and expose yourself to this grief..          
    • For general info, I have a Life Fitness treadmill which has been in my garage for the past two years.  It cost around £2k so in the same ball park as yours.  It was installed for us by professionals and there was no hint that it is an unsuitable environment - because it isn’t.  The gym I use (when I can) is even less salubrious than most garages, think bare aircraft hangar rather than carpets and smoothie bars.  It is not heated.  It has a range of top end cardio equipment all working just fine.        
    • i'd be sending them an sar get all the details and see if his bank has proof of BT cancelling the DD too. then p'haps we can make a complaint......   £800/12 is about £67pcm - thats an expensive deal if this is for BB only and not phone as well & at what speed - i'd expect >70MPS for that deal...was it.?   the issue here is if it is for phone as well BT won't release the line till the debt is cleared if he wanted & should switch - to say vodafone at <£30PCM for the same deal.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 921 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hearts win the Championship :whoo:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts win the Championship :whoo:

:) with a few to spare, and only 1 loss so far.

is it only one that goes up?

lfc lose to the manure again. a couple of first class stamps there! :)

IMO

:-):rant:

:) with a few to spare, and only 1 loss so far.

is it only one that goes up?

Yes, One up automatically.

3rd & 4th play off home and away, the winners play the 2nd home and away.

Winners of that game play the 11th team in the Premier, home and away deciding who goes up and who stays down.

I heard on TV tday it was said 'It was only by chance Harry Kane was chosen to play for the first team from the youth side' that's not the case as far as I know. Harry Kane was spotted and nurtured, coupled with Harry Kane's natural skill. It was Tim Sherwood's vision, expert eye and football experience which created this opportunity and build on bringing the youth players through to the first team, leaving his legacy to focus on home grown talent.

I heard on TV tday it was said 'It was only by chance Harry Kane was chosen to play for the first team from the youth side' that's not the case as far as I know. Harry Kane was spotted and nurtured, coupled with Harry Kane's natural skill. It was Tim Sherwood's vision, expert eye and football experience which created this opportunity and build on bringing the youth players through to the first team, leaving his legacy to focus on home grown talent.

he'll be starting tomorrow night, according to roys photo'd teamsheet :)

IMO

Yes, One up automatically.

3rd & 4th play off home and away, the winners play the 2nd home and away.

Winners of that game play the 11th team in the Premier, home and away deciding who goes up and who stays down.

still a chance sportsdirect cld stay there then :)

IMO

England game was a gr8 watch:-D

interesting game, without some 'regulars' still put up a good show 2nd half, cld've won. or is it our usual 'hot air' prior to a tournament?

IMO

Hearts will have their shirts sponsored by national charity Save the Children for the next three years.

It is the first time a British club has agreed a permanent shirt sponsor with a national charity - although Aston Villa were sponsored by local hospice Acorns during the 2008-09 season.

The deal has been funded by an anonymous "group of philanthropists", said Hearts owner Ann Budge.

Bit of a change from Wonga :)

The new Puma 3rd strip next season will contain the names of all Hearts fans making regular donations to the club,

me included :)

lfc get whipped by the arse. another big game nose bleed! just the fa cup now, and the uefa cup, to play for!

IMO

:whoo: go Gunners go

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Sterling still in the news. lfc shld withdraw the current 100k offer and halve it. see if he signs (as he said, its not about the money). if he doesnt want to play for lfc, then sell. no worries, Ibe looks better than Sterling. and, he's not the only one that has been playing well recently (last 2 games aside :)),

IMO

Sterling in the news again. smoking a shish kebab, and laughing his xxx off, allegedly. he (and others) want to be a pro man worthy of 100+k per week and playing at the top level, then act like it. and, also put the ball in the back of the net. :)

IMO