• Tweets

• Hi, Everyone was so helpful with my last issue I am hoping for a bit more advice.   About three years ago I had a regular window cleaner company but they starting playing around. Firstly by randomly turning up to do the windows earlier than expected then one time they opted to come round and climb over my fence to do the back windows whilst I was out.  Then the fun started as they claimed to have cleaned the windows on two separate occasions but it was apparent they hadn't (the birds mess on the kitchen window was the clue) and they tried to bill me for the clean.   After two occasions of not cleaning the windows I stopped the direct debit system they used (go cardless) as I refused to pay for something they hadn't done. Queue the various demands for payment which I ignored. They sent letters in the post asking for £60 and a year ago said if I didn't pay they'd send me to the debt collection agency.    Today, I get a letter from elite debt collection in Sunderland asking for £72 for the window cleaning company as they are now acting for them with the popular if I don't pay in 7 days it's off to court threat.   Firstly,  as there was no signed agreement in place with the window cleaner firm can the debt collector add a fee to the alleged debt? Secondly, can they just rush off to money claim and take me to small claims without a letter before action?   I'm quite happy to defend if they did as they didn't clean my windows no matter what random invoice they may have on their systems.   Thank you  
    • bummer!   can't see any movement there then. its nice to see though that he correctly clarified the differing reasons for the 6 and 3yrs limits.
    • Hi Mop,   I only ran through the SAR looking for any personal data you left showing.   Get a pen and paper, go through the narratives and note down the date and anything relevant to what led to the debt or CCJ.   If there's little or nothing to do with the debt or CCJ, that in itself is important.   Do your best and come back with results.
    • Hi dx,   Unfortunately the FOS have refused to look at my case as they have said i have brought the case to late......   Please see attached.  Complainant.Decision.pdf
    • any joy on getting PDL's reduced or wiped?
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 958 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

50k a week you dont know what your missing:lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that would be too obvious, I want a recount:lol:

Do you think it could have something to do with scoring more goals that the other team ;)

lfc tonight, shld be interesting.

lfc get away with a draw, down to the last game v basel (thanks to real madrid)

we really have got nothing up front without sturridge.

IMO

:-):rant:

liverpool win, birmigham and fulham heading for promotion:madgrin:

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Ideally Liverpool finish in the top four, birmingham play offs, Fulham auto promotion, we won but played poorly.

liverpool win, birmigham and fulham heading for promotion:madgrin:

I know it's hard to believe, they did actually win, beats losing and drawing:madgrin:

The jokes go in a different section :)
Ideally Liverpool finish in the top four, birmingham play offs, Fulham auto promotion, we won but played poorly.

not quite ideal, fulham playoffs, birmingham auto promotion:-)Gary now 5 games unbeaten:-)

.....Gary now 5 games unbeaten:-)

and you didnt seem too hp with him in not so long ago :)

lfc top four, or below europa spot. dont want thurs/sun games :)

hearts lost!

IMO

We shall see, a long way to go, there aren't any outstanding teams teams.

not quite ideal, fulham playoffs, birmingham auto promotion:-)Gary now 5 games unbeaten:-)

Football fans are very fickle.:-)

and you didnt seem too hp with him in not so long ago :)

lfc top four, or below europa spot. dont want thurs/sun games :)

hearts lost!

No mid-table, where ever that is.

Aren't Fulham somewhere near the bottom of the Championship?

Another good weekend of football.

hearts lost!

Yeh, 4-0 to Celtic in the Scottish Cup, had a man sent off after just 8 minutes, celtic given a penalty for nothing.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

excellent bloke Gary,:oops: works for so little we can even afford to

have Zigic back:-)(so long as he can get a work permit of course)

All about the league for me, lets win that.

Yeh, 4-0 to Celtic in the Scottish Cup, had a man sent off after just 8 minutes, celtic given a penalty for nothing.
All about the league for me, lets win that.

:thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

:thumb:

ditto, hopefully odds on. can they do it unbeaten :)

ps, also cant believe that pen was given, the kelt conned the ref :)

Leeds up for sale?

IMO