• Tweets

• All further indications that Johnsons' 'guvernment has no intentions of dealing fairly.   Bet Gove was arguing against a less blatant lie and cheat stance that trashes the Uk's international standing.   I'm waiting for other nations to do the same with the deals the UK has struck with them once its in their interests: Following your example, we have unilaterally amended our agreement Boris. We will now send you the bent bananas you desired for twice the price of straight ones. Chew on that - as long as you pay in advance.
    • Did you submit any kind of response to their defence submission?   You are perfectly within your rights to do so and can use it to elaborate on the facts and present the legal arguments behind your case.  Just write it in the same template as their defence and send it to them and the court.  Ensure that they acknowledge receipt as it will become evidence.   It also gives you the chance to unpick their defence, apply for parts to be discounted where you can argue for such a move and make the case why their request for costs should be dismissed.   Look up the legal definition of unreasonable conduct as that is the only reason for permitting defence costs in the small claims process.  Then state why you have been reasonable and why they are unreasonable.  This usually is because they never reply to emails, never listen, reject all requests through their own processes and leave you this process as the only available course of action.
    • When I said Europe wouldn't be pleased to see David Frost back, I didn't expect that within about a week of being appointed he would unilaterally extend the grace periods for goods travelling to N Ireland and risk legal action and damage to the UK's reputation in the world. It's quite concerning to me, but clearly not to the government, what's being said in NI by unionists and loyalists.   It's hard to believe he was our ambassador to Denmark when he behaves like a night club bouncer and only seems able to negotiate by confrontation.
    • Hi Scourge, No, no mentions of birdstrikes.  Their whole defence was blamed on fog which caused "uncontrollable" delays and cancellations and rearrangment of flights, spare aircraft ect.    All well and good but they failed spectacularly in transporting passengers as promised to these new arrangements.   Yes, the solicitors quoted £350 as cost of them preparing this defence.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 965 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

yes Pulis would be fine, but Hughton did really well with very little money and Zigic to pay:-D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Liverpool laundry man is missing a no.45 shirt, anyone seen it?:oops:

lfc do the loss, the arse' jam a late win

QUOTE=rebel11;4635104]The Liverpool laundry man is missing a no.45 shirt, anyone seen it?:oops:

:lol:

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

The Liverpool laundry man is missing a no.45 shirt, anyone seen it?:oops:

:)

balo now also in the headlines re another matter!

IMO

:-):rant:

The Kit man has just sent an email to the suppliers, 'No 45, one match gives away to two shirts, we would like to order three shirts, just incase he swaps shirts before the match as well'.:madgrin:

:)

balo now in the headlines re a another matter!

The Kit man has just sent an email to the suppliers, 'No 45, one match gives away to two shirts, we would like to order three shirts, just incase he swaps shirts before the match as well'.:madgrin:

balo snakes and ladders :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29746547

have to say though in his defence atm re lfc, he hasnt had too much decent service, and our defending has been poor, so cant put all the blame on him just yet. maybe things will be different when hes up there with sturridge. maybe not :)

fulham tonight, owner in to appoint new manager...

IMO

Agree, Liverpool haven't been firing, I'm sure he will benefit when Sturridge is back and firing.

Should move out of the bottom three with a win, 4 games in 12 days. That's the Championship.:!:

balo snakes and ladders :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29746547

have to say though in his defence atm re lfc, he hasnt had too much decent service, and our defending has been poor, so cant put all the blame on him just yet. maybe things will be different when hes up there with sturridge. maybe not :)

fulham tonight, owner in to appoint new manager...

We played quite well, still work in progress, need to control games for 90 mins. We handed over the 'initiative' to them in the second half, they had 12 corners to our 2. But making progress.:-)

Balotelli to score a hat-trick.

2 up, looking like symons for the job

I,m not even looking, what a load of:censored::censored::censored::censored:

can someone please buy us

I was going to post 8-0, but I couldn't bring myself to post the result, that's pretty shocking. I can't really talk, we've had some really poor results. It will get better. You were in the Prem not long ago.

A couple of brothers own it.

I,m not even looking, what a load of:censored::censored::censored::censored:

can someone please buy us

in the prem till carson got hold of the club

promised us £80million for players

couldnt launder it fast enough:-x

Local derby tomorrow Hibs v Hearts :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hearts draw and had a player sent off, Liverpool drew, need Sturridge back,:-)

Local derby tomorrow Hibs v Hearts :)

Balotelli to score a hat-trick.

he had a couple of good chances this time! his time's running out, prob just when sturridge comes back.

bring back Ibe, and Origi :)

magpies steal a win

IMO

Hearts draw and had a player sent off

Hows this for an equalizer :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I like this bit, 'We could have had three penalties and it wasn't to be'.

too right. we dont get all the pens that are pens. :)

our young boys are doing ok. just beat real madrid. maybe shld call one or two up to the first team, a striker perhaps :)

re pens that weren't given, did you see manures headlocks on chelski terry/ivan. cast iron.

Rowett confirmed as Brum boss

IMO

official statement-

Rowett was the outstanding candidate during a thorough recruitment process over the past seven days.

roughly translated-

offered to work for less than anyone else:wink:

official statement-

Rowett was the outstanding candidate during a thorough recruitment process over the past seven days.

roughly translated-

offered to work for less than anyone else:wink:

you're not hp with him then?

he seems to have a good rep.

cant believe pulis has been overlooked for all these jobs going.

IMO

you're not hp with him then?

he seems to have a good rep.

cant believe pulis has been overlooked for all these jobs going.

a good rep in the basement divisions, but perhaps were planning for the future:-)