• Tweets

• I have AoS using MCOL. Slight issue in that it has an old address listed and I had no way of changing it using the system. I have emailed mcol@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk to ask them to amend/update, but don't know if that will work. Regardless, at this point I don't think it changes what i need to do - but correct me if I'm wrong.   So, next step would ordinarily be "get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors asking for all relevant bills" Is that correct? Having said that, I have copies of the bills from Eon, and Lowell have also sent me copies of bills. Should i still go ahead with this regardless?   Folowing this, my next step would be filing my defence, correct? And, now that I've done the AoS. I'd really appreciate a sanity check on when I need to file my defence by if that is indeed the next step.   I'll be looking at more threads. I'd like to be able to put all of this to one side until Feb 3rd (I have an absolutely crucial - 5 years of work to get to it - deadline of 2nd Feb for something I'm working on that is totally unrelated but is eating up all my time until then). Am I correct in thinking it's okay to leave this until Feb 3rd now??   Thanks again for your help thus far. Donation made.
    • Thanks for your reply. We didn't even know they issued us with a ccj until I target got a credit report and it come up, we had no paperwork warning us.    I don't know when the ccj was issued just know on my credit report says it get removed oct 2020.    Mortimore Clark are welcome finance solicitor as far as I am aware... Nothing to do with the ccj.    I know the ccj has been added to our property as end of this year we will be in position to pay of mortgage and its £18000 more then what we owe and mortgage company said its a charge for a loan so in theory we may pay it twice if I am paying solicitors (well in small amounts) 
    • and you can't click on the enter a defence option. sometimes we've found you can.   you should have come here sooner an we would have made sure you did it right...  
    • get an sar off to welcome they can't refuse.   who are mortimers client, the claimant of the CCJ and the charge upon your deeds.   welcome would have added £1000's in unlawful penalty fees for everything from letters/phonecalls/arrears fees/it's raining today, your fault. when was the CCJ attained too please?  
    • We applied for a joint loan for £9000 in 2010 which was secured against our home, in 2012 we were declared bankrupt but because we kept our house the loan stood while we were going through our financial problems we defaulted on the loan.   We had then started making payments but with all the interest etc it went past the £9000 we originally borrowed. We got the loan down to £6000 then hubby lost job and we seriously couldn't even afford to pay a penny and again it built back up.   The debt is now with a solicitor and now we owe according to them £18000. I have requested from welcome finance every payment we have made, every statement etc they have refused.   We are only making payments of £65 a month going to take forever but its also gone to a ccj which should have been removed on Oct last year.   Where can I go for help with the dispute over the amount we owe. Thanks   Solicitor is mortimore Clarke 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 926 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool not the force of last season, a one man team last season, will have to see how Sturridge does with bali:shock:

Played 8, lost 7, 1 point, used 30 players already this season.:shock:

slack lfc defending again! (copy n paste that every week :) )

the little reds won again though :)

Hearts win 5-1 still top of the pile.

Rangers draw with Alloa :)

Over 15,000 at Tynecastle yesterday, season tickets sold out , it's a job trying to get into a game.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I bet they don't say who cares to you:lol:

No sure about that, had some stick in my day :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Who are Man Utd? and do I care, a big 'NO', they've bought their way into a top four finish.:lol:

Who are Hearts and do I care 'NO', they might as well play in the Ryman's League:madgrin:

Just thought i'd balance up all the LFC chat. How's Man U these days?

Hi Caro::-)

On their day any Prem team should be able to beat any other Prem team, the most competitive league in the world.

the Mighty Leicester City 5 lowly Manchester United 3 :-):-)
Just thought i'd balance up all the LFC chat. ..

:)

do post away, redress the 'balance'.

i do post about other teams, and footy generally, but not many post up in re of. so its mainly been lfc, fulham, and hearts chat (and now 'the little reds' :) ) :)

nice one hearts :)

IMO

:-):rant:

It's going to be a crazy season in the Prem.

There are a lot of good teams. Considering the players that Southampton sold, they are doing really well.

Title will be between Chelsea and Man City

Relegation will be between Burnley, Crystal Palace, Hull, QPR, Sunderland and Newcastle.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

.. Considering the players that Southampton sold, they are doing really well.

they are doing well. who needs lovren, banana, lambert, for xxx millions ..... lfc (looking like we fell for that)! (oops back to lfc) :)

IMO

Liverpool have always bought players for the sake of it, one year they won a whole lot of competitions, had a settled side, but bought players like confetti for no good reason.

they are doing well. who needs lovren, banana, lambert, for xxx millions ..... lfc (looking like we fell for that)! (oops back to lfc) :)

Crazy afternoon, but that's the Prem. Might be one of those seasons.

This is as bad as it gets, don't try this at home:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302031

and, palace beat the toffees. a day for the underdogs (including city :))
Liverpool have always bought players for the sake of it, one year they won a whole lot of competitions, had a settled side, but bought players like confetti for no good reason.

souness springs to mind, by his own admission replaced too many too quickly. didn't work.

IMO

Have got to be honest but when Leics got their first pen it should not have been given. Saying that, it was so funny being in a room full of manure fans with me being a Man City fan. I think they guessed my sympathy over the decision was tinged with just a large dollop of sarcasm. As one of them also asked. "How many pens has Clattenburg given against us?"

United don't get penalties given against them, that stat has been blown out of the water in recent times. They can't defend for toffee.

Have got to be honest but when Leics got their first pen it should not have been given. Saying that, it was so funny being in a room full of manure fans with me being a Man City fan. I think they guessed my sympathy over the decision was tinged with just a large dollop of sarcasm. As one of them also asked. "How many pens has Clattenburg given against us?"

Have I ever mentioned Liverpool and penalties?

Maybe so but Clattenburg gave three for Liverpool against them last season, at Old Trafford, and two in this game.