Football

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think villa can cause an upset here.

Have backed them at 20/1 on betfair and a little on the draw at 9ish.

City may well win but think those prices are way too big.

City not exactly been impressive of late. Can see it being quite nervy tonight.

At these prices you'd assume 3-0 or bigger but think IF city win, it will be by one goal holding on at the end

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Hearts and Hibs bottom two in the SPFL, footballs no too good in Edinburgh the noo :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

And all the teams in the English Leagues want to play in the SPFL.

My a**e :)

norwich relegated, well done sunderland 4 wins on the trot. but, will there be a legal challenge? #673

van gaal set to be manures boss!

league play offs to come.

roll on final day, come on hammers, go for it, carroll to score the winner for the hammers! lfc win 3-2, gerrard scoring the winner in the 90th to take the league :)

The ineligible player played 4 games at the very beginning of this season. Apparently Sunderland have been fined a 6 figure sum, but points weren't deducted. In the 4 games Sunderland only gained 1 point. The Premier League only made it public at the beginning of April when they were forced too by the press. Any legal challenge will take longer then August when the new season starts, The Premier League are clever. Other lower league teams have been docked points for the same offence.

Lets see what evolves.

norwich relegated, well done sunderland 4 wins on the trot. but, will there be a legal challenge? #673

van gaal set to be manures boss!

league play offs to come.

roll on final day, come on hammers, go for it, carroll to score the winner for the hammers! lfc win 3-2, gerrard scoring the winner in the 90th to take the league :)

how many points deduction would be the norm? assuming at least the 1 point off re the point gained, plus any more, how would the table be affected re relegation? but then, the wider implications of the teams who won v sund in that time? or is that n/a?

The Prem can deduct any number of points, the norm has been 3 points (lower leagues), but that's been for an isolated infringement in a single match. Playing in the 4 games he's effected each match he's played in, example goal line clearance etc, even if they have lost. There are possibilities that they can be relegated, they are 5 points ahead of Norwich at the moment. All of there excellent form has come after this was done and dusted by the Prem.

Even Poyet was surprised that they weren't deducted points, he's been in a similar situation before, he was the opposition manager.

Why did the Prem keep it under wraps until April? I think Sunderland paid the fine in December.

This is interesting:-

http://www.thelawyer.com/firms-and-the-bar/kings-chambers-casement-comments-on-relegated-premier-league-clubs-row/3020296.article

how many points deduction would be the norm? assuming at least the 1 point off re the point gained, plus any more, how would the table be affected re relegation? but then, the wider implications of the teams who won v sund in that time? or is that n/a?

Still think that this is liverpool's and srevie g's year. Carroll will cause citeh problems on sunday and a home win for lfc is a formality

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

Please City, as a supporter for nearly 50 years, do the job nice and easy this time. No Fergie time or dramatic collapse from 3-0 up. I was there when we only needed to win against Bournemouth for promotion years back. 3 - 0 at half time and cruising. Bournemouth scored in Fergie time for 3 all. Thanks to Trevor Morley scoring at Bradford we did go up. We never do it the easy way. No wonder I have no hair or nails and have my chair behind the settee.

the 'lady' is on stage ready to sing for city!!! lfc not on form, 1 down. city 1 up.

ps city 2 up, its all over for lfc. at least we finished above chelski :)

roll on the world cup :)

congrats to city. at least they played football with all their oil dollars, and a couple of token brits :)

like the murphys, not bitter :)

derby thru to play off final.

What a fantastic end to a fantastic eason.

We were relegated :)

Still don't believe what has happened to City over the last few years. Can't remember the last relegation worry. After all these years I still can't feel secure until we hit the 36-39 point margin.

... After all these years I still can't feel secure until we hit the 36-39 point margin.

you're jesting? with yr dollars you should be winning the title every year. manure bought it, then chelski, and now city. with arsenal upsetting things in between with good footy.

shame lfc didn't go for it v the geordies to give suarez the chance for the prem scoring record (is 31 re 38 games. suarez scored 31 equal with shearer and cole). though he's sort of got it as hes only played 33 :)

england squad named, can we win it?

Every team in the league has 'bought' their position, no?

'Yes We Can', a distraction from the Championship.:madgrin:

you're jesting? with yr dollars you should be winning the title every year. manure bought it, then chelski, and now city. with arsenal upsetting things in between with good footy.

shame lfc didn't go for it v the geordies to give suarez the chance for the prem scoring record (is 31 re 38 games. suarez scored 31 equal with shearer and cole). though he's sort of got it as hes only played 33 :)

england squad named, can we win it?

Every team in the league has 'bought' their position, no?

with some exceptions :) you know what i mean though

'Yes We Can', a distraction from the Championship.:madgrin:

hopefully we do give a good account, and dont just sit back as in SA. are you happy with the squad?

On the whole yes, shame about Walcott, Townsend etc and a few others. The young players will probably provide more energy in the energy sapping heat, that has to be a plus.

with the odd exceptions :) you know what i mean though

hopefully we do give a good account, and dont just sit back as in SA. are you happy with the squad?

On the whole yes, shame about Walcott, Townsend etc and a few others. The young players will probably provide more energy in the energy sapping heat, that has to be a plus.

yeah, in the circs, thats prob the best can do. sterling in for walcott/townsend.

tim leaves his spurs, unsurprisingly.