style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If these private parking companies have no legal claim on my money is there any point in putting my Hard-earned into their machines when I enter a car park. Can I just drive on, do the shopping and drive off again and let them whistle for "their" cash?

It is NOT the parking charges people on here object to. It is the so-called fines they try and impose often for petty breaches.

The British Parking Association would have a field day (probably resulting in a change in the law) if we all went down that route. However keep an eye on who is banned from accessing the DVLA Database (google is your friend) and don't pay there!

Nobody on this or other forums advocates not paying the legitimate fee to park. It;s the stupid "parking charge notices" we object to as they don't reflect the actual loss suffered by the landowner. By paying the parking fee (if there is one) then us motorists keep the moral high ground.