Problem with thehut.com

Catwoman A
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help advise me as to my next move.

This is the background:-

On 4th December 2012, I ordered an xbox game for my nephew's birthday (December 13th).

Usually delivery was stated at between 2-5 business days and they said I should receive my item 'on or before 12th December', which was fine.

The 12th came and went and so I rang the head office for The Hut

- who took 11 minutes of constant ringing before they picked up!

I explained that I was concerned about the item not arriving yet and the lady took my details and said she would get someone to look into it.

I thanked her for her time.

Later that evening, I received an email.

It was as follows:-

Hello (my name),

Thanks for placing your order with TheHut.com, order number :.......

Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

'A customer service colleague has sent you the following message:

Hi (my name),

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know you haven't yet received your order.

I am really sorry to hear that you haven't yet received your order.

This was sent to you on 12/12/2012 and delivery is usually made within 3-5 working days.

Our policy is to allow a full 14 days for the items to arrive.

If you still haven't received it by 26/12/2012 please do let us know so that we can investigate this for you.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Amy

The Hut.com Customer Service Team

Should you have any further questions please contact us through your online account message centre or on 0844 243 9090 and we will be able to help you further.

Kind Regards,

TheHut.com Team

Tel: 0844 243 9090'

Sent on 12/12/12? I wrote back, using the messaging system they specified, with the following:-

'To Thehut.com team,

After being told that the game I ordered on the 4th December (for my nephew's birthday) had been dispatched on the 5th

and should arrive on or no later than the 12th December,

I was saddened that it did not and I contacted head office, where I was told it would be looked into.

I later received an email, apologising for the non receipt of the item and telling me it had been dispatched on THE 12th DECEMBER

and I should let you know if I hadn't received it by THE 26th!

This is not acceptable to me and I now wish to cancel my order with yourselves and have my money refunded.

Regards,

(me).

Order number: ............

At this point, I went out and bought my nephew the same game (albeit more expensive elsewhere) and he had his game in time.

At 9:24pm on the night of the 13th, I had a response from thehut.com, with different information:-

'One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hi (my name)

Thanks for getting in touch about your order number ............

I can confirm the order was definitely despatched on 5th December 2012 and delivery is usually made within 3-5 working days.

Our policy is to allow a full 14 days for the items to arrive.

If you still haven't received it by 19/12/2012 please do let us know so that we can investigate this for you.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Luci

thehut.com Customer Service Team'

To this, I responded with:-

'Hi ........

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly but due to the amount of stress caused by the earlier message,

that said the game I ordered had been sent out on the 12th,

I have been forced to go elsewhere for my nephew's present, to avoid disappointment.

I see you have now amended the date but I'm afraid the damage has already been done on this occasion and I would still like to persue a refund.

Best regards,

(me).'

I then emailed them an update:-

'Hi,

Following my earlier, as yet unresponded to, message to yourselves - I thought I should give you an update.

The game finally arrived today and I now require an authorisation number and returns address.

I believe you only refund postage where an item is faulty or the incorrect item. This is the case too!

The item I ordered was the XBox Live version and I have been sent the Classics version instead.

I will attach the screen print I took at the time of the correct item.

Best Wishes,

(me).'

I figured that I might need to show them the screen print that I made at the time of placing the order

as it clearly showed that the version shown in the picture was not the version received.

I also asked them in a separate message to:-

'Please stop sending me advertising emails but please do respond to my emails about a refund!

(me).'

After waiting and waiting for a response, I sent the following message to them on Wednesday night:-

'Why has no-one replied to my other 2 messages,

sent to the same email you have previously replied from? I want to return the item for a refund,

as you well know and it wasn't even the correct item.

You have 24 hours to respond or I start making official complaints wherever I can.

(me).'

It's now Friday night and still nothing.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read this as I realise it's rather more like an essay!

Catwoman A.

how did you pay?

you are quite correct

DSR rules will apply

you are entitled to a full refund

plus return postage costs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I payed via Paypal.

I was thinking that should be the case, with the DSR.

I'm just highly irritated that they are now ignoring my messages and apparently, I need an authorisation number from them to return the item!

Is there a time limit imposed on them to reply to my request? I've never had this sort of problem before.

Catwoman A.

their prob is yes

how do you pay paypal

if a credit or debit card is in the circle

you might be able to do chargeback

or section 75 complaint to the card company too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI dx,

When you have an account with Paypal, you have your credit or debit card details with them. Then you log in to your Paypal account to pay for stuff elsewhere and it stops whoever you are paying from having your card details so it's safer. I used my debit card with Paypal. I will look into Paypal's guidelines for this sort of thing today. Maybe there will be something they can help with. Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated as it's so confusing - I really don't understand why they are being like this!

Catwoman A.

so, did the balance owed to paypal get take via your card from bank A/C or CC A/C?

if so you can chargeback

dx

and they

Update: Paypal have advised me (not thehut.com) that a refund has been agreed but we will see if that actually turns up, at which point I will let you all know. They could still try to cause trouble with making me pay for the item's return, in which case I will also let you all know!

Best wishes for a great Christmas and New Year to you all! :-D

Catwoman A.

if the punter wants it back

they can pay for it!

dx

and they

The Hut group is notoriously bad. They have a terrible record of customer service. One of their companies (myprotein.com) last year sold a batch of contaminated egg whites. They made no mention of it on their website. Users who complained had their accounts removed and their emails blacklisted. Stay away!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi san_d,

Thank you for your input. That is shocking behaviour for a company! This is the first time I have experienced anything like this and I would certainly agree with you that this company looks like being best avoided!

Catwoman A.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi san_d,

I hope you can complain about them to someone and get them to sort it out. It was only going through with complaining about them through Paypal that I had any luck but I never got to speak to them ever again (kind of glad about that really!).

Catwoman A.

They're not going to answer your emails. Just read the bad reviews on Trustpilot and on the UKMuscle forums. It's very difficult to get your money back. Many have tried but not succeeded. Best is not to shop again.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi san-d,

I've not read reviews on those before but thanks for the information - I shall check on there before using companies I'm not familiar with in future. I would never use them again and many others will not use them because of their behaviour either. Such a shame that companies behave this way!

Catwoman A.