RCC

Rossendales Collect / Arrows Global

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2480 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My 69 year old Father just received a letter from Rossendales Collect on behalf of Arrow Global, looking to collect debts of over £2,000. Demanding that if payment is not made within 7 days they will commence action.

My father spoke to them to RC to understand what this related to and they said it was in relation to a catalogue debt from 2007 about which my father knows nothing.

RC said that my father has to prove this debt does not relate to him by going to the police station and getting a crime reference number. He did this and the Police wanted nothing to do with it as all my father had was a demand letter from RC.

After another call to RC they insist that they need the police reference otherwise they will commence proceedings. When pushed, it looks as though my father has the same name as the person who incurred the debt (and they say the same surname which I doubt) and that my father's address was given as a forwarding address by the person who incurred the debt (who apparently lived in London).

We went onto Experian and my father has a score of 999 and there is no reference to the debt but in the linked addresses section there are links from my father's previous address to some random addresses in London.

Any advice as at the moment we cannot seem to get RC to back off without the police reference even if their "evidence" looks shaky at best? At 69 he does not want to be in a position whereby he is faced with any sort of pressure in relation to something that clearly has nothing to do with him

There is a "prove it" letter template in the CAG library as well as a CCA request letter.

Stop talking to these people on the phone.

If it were me I would send RC both a prove it and a CCA request. The CCA request carries a fee of £1 and for that you should get back a copy of the agreement, terms and conditions and a statement of account. They also have to provide this within 12+2 working days.

Link to the library is at the top of every CAG page in green.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Agreed STOP talking to children on the phone.

They have NO legal authority or proof, they can do NOTHING.

Personally I would IGNORE them, this is nothing more than a phishing trip, this needs reporting to the OFT&TS, I would also let my local MP know of these unlawful activities too, if they begin the criminal offence of harassment over the phone, then file a formal complaint to your local police station.

To send them anything will start the game of letter tennis, plus they will mark the file as @mug awaits fleecing@ purely because they have received som correspondence, forget em, file all the complaints, and laugh at them when they ring up!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks both - I may take the approach of doing nothing at first and if they persist send the letters as suggested, whilst ignoring any phone calls.Interestingly Experian were really helpful in looking into the linking of addresses - putting a note on the file and contacting the company which initially caused the links to verify what happened.

Thanks both - I may take the approach of doing nothing at first and if they persist send the letters as suggested, whilst ignoring any phone calls.Interestingly Experian were really helpful in looking into the linking of addresses - putting a note on the file and contacting the company which initially caused the links to verify what happened.

Just follow it up with Experian to make sure this invalid linked address is removed. These debt collection companies use the data on credit records and if it is wrong, it can send them down the wrong path.

The credit reference companies do carry slightly different credit records. It is worth also checking with Equifax using their free trial (remember to cancel) and also with the Noodle (call credit) free for life credit check.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

It may be worth sending a letter to Rossendales Head Office compliance manager a letter stating that they have traced the wrong person and that you are currently working with the credit reference agencies to remove incorrect information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread