WhatASadLife

Charged but not convicted. UK only please?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

when I was 17 I had a 6 months relationship with this girl and she cheated on me and falsely accused me of rape.

I was charged with the case even though my lawyer said I should should not had been charged because of the evidence.

while in court some evidence came to light like the day she accused me of raping her she was not even at home,

she was at doctors.

and even though the prosecution could not find another day where it could had happened,

the cause still continued.

I was found not guilty by the jury.

I have applied to university to do a pharmacy course last week and at the university they will do an Enhanced criminal record check.

Does this mean they will not accept me because I was charged with rape?

I find it very unfair that someone can just make such a allegation and it can ruin someone's life like this.

I could write all the thing that happened during this case which I found extremely unfair and you will probably be shocked.

one of which is how she lied during her questioning and gave a completely different detail to what she gave to my college ( where she made the allegation)

but yet in the end she was allowed to walk free without any punishment.

The justice system in this country is completely unfair and obviously it seems the police want to convict people of a crime regardless if they are innocent.

..This is what it seemed in my case

Please help.

Hello

anyway I was found not guilty by the jury.

no criminal record

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

But even being arrested with rape can potentially ruin your life.

I understand why, because some people might be rapist but get away with it. but I don't see why someone like me should suffer...

I don't think this will affect you as you cannot be made to suffer because a charge was made and you were found not guility you have no record.

Check with the General Pharmaceutical Council or the RPS for guidance.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

it will sadly be on your enhanced cra file.

you need to get it removed

a freind had this for 3yrs [ very much the same MO and got it removed]

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

it will sadly be on your enhanced cra file.

you need to get it removed

a freind had this for 3yrs [ very much the same MO and got it removed]

dx

Do you mean "enhanced CRB" (rather than CRA)?

If so, it might be there under "other information at Chief Officer's discretion", but also might not. It also would be there as "charged" only, not convicted.

2 ways forward:

1) if you have time, find a volunteer job where you have to have an enhanced CRB. Be honest with them from the start : you'll volunteer so much time & they'll help you clarify what is on your CRB :)

2) if it is on your CRB or you aren't sure and don't want to take the risk : disclose it when you are asked to complete the CRB form : stress you were cleared of a false allegation. Even if it is shown, it shouldn't count against you.

Edited by BazzaS