stu007

DWP - Social Fund - Asking for £XXXX payment or Prosecution

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2493 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

After your valuable advice for a friend.

As the title says they recieved a letter today saying they owe £XXXX amount to DWP for Social Fund and if not payed within 14 days will proceed to prosecution.

They came round to mine about this as they have paid this debt off some years ago as this debt was from 2001. The classic is the DWP letter has absolutely now evidence i.e. a breakdown of that payment or even a payment slip to pay this supposed debt.

The friend actually has proof that this was all paid off and after so many years is actually lucky they have kept all the post office reciepts so has proof.

So I told then to phone from my house (As I have TrueCall) and never trust DWP anyway to find out what this was about.

They are so glad that they used my phone as they were not jsut passed from piller to post but on department was saying nothing about debt on system but where the letter came from their is this imaginary debt which not other department he was told to contact could verify as it was not showing and debts on their systems.

Now please bear in mind that the friend has a heart condition with a pacemaker fitted which on all calls they explained at the begining so by the end imagine how they felt at being verbally abuse on the phone, laughed at during the calls, humiliated great to see that DWP have great customer service or is it that they believe they are above the law.

Even explaining that he as the evidence to prove they are wrong and as they put it to DWP has caused untold stress, humiliation, maladministration and untimately why are DWP legally commiting Fraud by requesting payment for a Social Fund already proved and their complete negligence.

the response on phone was to laugh like hell at them and tell them to pay debt and prove it.

Now what would your advice be on how best to proceed with this.

I am thinking of telling then to go to a solicitor and telling them to sue the hell out of DWP as they will try and deny the phone conversation and what was said but sadly for DWP it all on Truecall and my frien was glad he made the calls from mine and was shocked at how clear all the calls are when i played them back to them.

Nice mistake to make at this time of year and also lucky the frien had kept all reciepts going back all those years.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would put a complain in. Disgusting. When phoning any company such as DWP, they are meant to be professional with you.

Hi

Have to agree about putting in a comlpaint.

What really gets to me was the attitude of every person he spoke to at DWP they basically didnt give a dam even when he stated about heart condition and pacemeker fitted I was listening to all the calls and was really shocked at this attitude by numerous different staff from all over the UK so to me this is not a problem in on single department but runs completely throughout DWP.

At the end of their calls all I said to them was its really great all this welfare reform and DWP are playing GOD.

I am going to tell them to make a Formal Complaint but to also request copies of all the recordings of the telephone conversation and see if they match with Truecall.

(some how I dont think they will be forthcoming with these but will be interesting to see what they say).

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Very worthy of a formal complaint, and the press will love this!

Lodge a formal complaint to the DWP http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/complaints-and-appeals/

This also needs to be sent to their local MP also, when the DWP close ranks and try to lie their way out of this, then you could disclose that they should go back and listen to their own recording of the phone conversation before digging themselves deeper.

If after that, they still say they have done nothing wrong, then I would seriously consider legal acrion, and this will make front page news.

BBC Watchdog.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Thanks Baz was thinking along those lines as well and what would you think to every letter they start sending they add into that letter an Administration charge of say £15-£25 per letter until they resolve their cockup.

You can of course send them a 'Bill of costs' outlining your charges for dealing with their incompetence and near impunity, but they will of course ignore it.

£15 would be a reasonable charge for replying to their pathetic letters, taking into account the research, the cost of posting, stationary and time used to deal with ineptitude.

However, I would give it some serious thought about getting this out into the public domain, that telephone recording will be extremely damning.

Truecall is fantastic aint it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!