Mucky Hall offering £1k settlement on NR £53k debt??!!

notamug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pursuers: Northern Rock (Asset Management) Plc

Original Creditor: Northern Rock (Asset Management) Plc

Principal Sum: £ 53,810.35

22/12/12

REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

We can confirm that our client will accept £1,000.00 as a full and final settlement with regards to the above debt.

Upon receipt of payment, we will inform our clients that you have paid the full and final settlement,

they will in turn update the account at their end and you will not be contacted again by Mackenzie Hall,

our clients or any affiliated third party for any of the residual balance.

Payment method:

Sterling Bankers Draft or a guaranteed Building Society Cheque made payable to Mackenzie Hall Ltd.

quoting your name, address, and reference number ...... on the rear of the payment and sent to us by Royal Mail special delivery.

You must contact us and provide us with the special delivery reference number to enable us to track your payment.

We also accept payments by Credit and Debit card by phone or On line at http://www.mackenziehall.co.uk . Alternatively you can pay Cash into our bank account.

The details are as follows;

Royal Bank Of Scotland

Account number: 00298935

Sort Code: 83-25-15

Bank Reference: M29202223

Should you have any questions, please telephone our offices on telephone number 01563 556734

David Pratt

Team Captain

Well you in have it in writting, I know NRAM are `under prsseure to get money in by hook or by crook it's a good offer if you can meet it !!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

urm.who's to say you owe ANYTHING

oh sri it was a decimal point mistake..

or the like

once you've replied you ack the debt

be careful.

does this show on your CRA file

and

do you actually owe this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would be well worried that the decimal point is in the wrong place and that once you contact them you are committed.

In any case, shouldnt this offer come direct from NRAM and signed by someone with the authority to make this offer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

NRAM have been leaving decisions to 3rd parties for quite some time, desperation me thinks.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I've seen some desperation offers on F&F's before, but this would take the biscuit if it isn't down to a typo.

How would he stand if he paid the £1000, though? Would they have any come back if it is an error?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

They would have a fight on their hands I think the way these payments are prccessed it could be on the system before any one noticed the possible error.

I have to say, if it was me and I could confirm that they'd have to accept the payment having offered it, I'd be very tempted by this one.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I am finding it very hard to believe that they would even consider accepting £10,000 in full and final settlement on a £53,000 debt.

Unless, there is something seriously wrong with the original figure or paperwork in the first place.

Do you know if there are any charges or mis sold PPI ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

notamug, had you approached them for a full and final settlement or reduced payment plan ?

When was the last time you made payment to this account?

BCOBS

This is a mortgage debt as a result of repossession as nram would not stop default charges

so i gave them the house back well let them reposes it was fighting a losing battle.

had a letter other day of McKenzie hall and then phone call today

eventually I confirmed my details and I told him I'm not dealing with you

tell nram if they want the cash take me to court and that's where he offered me 1000 full and final.

Yes we did have a minor debate on phone but it was to easy something ain't right hence why I posted on here.

The mortgage was taken out in 2004 and house was repossessed in 2010

After the offer I asked him to put it into email and send me as shown above although the first email stated £16,143.11 to which I replied ?????? And then received the £1000 email which is what was stated on phone

urm..

unlawful PENALTY charges huh

what about PPI and othe insurances .. they involved

you do realise there could be a significant reclaim to do here?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure what insurance there are on it if any.

It was a fixed 5 year interest rate and they tried to make me pay £660 a month instead of £440. That's when I decided enough was enough and stopped fighting them.

How do I find out if there any reclaims

time for an SAR then.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

i wold say the oc

dx

and they

they are in effect the same company.

dx

and they

MkHall are unlikely to offer such a discount out of sheer yuletide generosity. It means something's not right. I have been wondering if the key lies in their not passing the residue (some residue indeed) to any 'affiliate'. Does this mean they could still sell it to a NON-affiliate??

You need a cast iron written guarantee that the debt will be extinguished in its entirety, not sold or otherwise passed for pursuit to ANY party, affiliate or not.

Might this have something to do with it...

Last week the bank said it would repay £270m in interest to 152,000 borrowers because mistakes in their paperwork had meant their loans, worth less than £25,000, had failed to comply with the Consumer Credit Act.

The new group says their larger loans, above £25,000, should also qualify for the reimbursement of interest payments.

They say their paperwork wrongly described their loans as being regulated by the act, when in fact they were not, and that this may give them the same contractual rights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20754265

I wonder if it might not be worth your obtaining all the paperwork in connection with your loan to see if you have been denied your contractual rights.

BCOBS

BCOBS