Thanks... and first WFI

Minibits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, many thanks to all who contribute here.

I have followed the advice of many in filling in my wife's ESA form. She has been on IB for twenty years but were still expecting a fight.

She is registered partially sighted due to diabetic retinopothy, and the damage caused by severe lazer treatment to her eyes. She suffers from recurring infections in her feet, and her hands have become deformed, again as a result of the diabetes.

She also has other problems such as pernicious anemia, arthritis, athsma, hypertension and heart disease.

Anyway, we were pleased to hear that her claim was successful, without a face to face assessment, but she has been placed in the WRAG group, this has currently been appealed but two appeal letters have yet to survive the postal service and arrive at their destination!

One letter made it to us though. This morning she has been summoned to appear at a WFI interview on Thursday 27th Dec. Well, technically, Christmas is over by then, I suppose, so can't complain!

The letter was pretty helpful, I thought, once you get through all the warnings about taking your money off you if you don't attend etc.

It states that "We may be able to help with (amongst others) the cost of replacement care for an adult you care for."

Seem's reasonable enough, but what if "you" are the one being cared for?

Well, you can bring someone to the interview with you, but "...it may be helpful for you to know that JC+ offices can get very busy and there is limited space in the waiting areas."

So "her" carer can attend (gratis, of course) but will probably be expected to stand in the corner.

Ah well, if I decide to take her, it may be the makings of an interesting thread to cheer you all up over the holidays.

Thanks again for all the help I have gleened from here, and please, everyone, have the best Christmas you can, and a Happier New Year.

Good Luck!

If you would normally accompany your wife to an appointment you should go with her and be prepared to be 'firm' with any advisor who tries to send you away or leave you in the waiting area. Someone who has not worked for 20 years is unlikely to be comfortable in a JCP office and they should accept that you are needed if only for moral support.

Once they know you are appealing WRAG group you may find they don't call her back for another appointment or opt to do it by phone.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you, both, and I am aware that you have both had a really tough time with this fiasco.

I will be attending with her, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Let you know how it goes.

Best wishes to you.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update, despite my appeal letters apparantly going astray, and having no other contact with DWP since sending them in Dec, we have today been notified that my wife has been placed in the support group!

The appeal letter I sent stated only that I believed my wife met the criteria for the support group under more than one descriptor, and that I needed sight of the reports used by the DM to determine which.

The only reason I haven't chased up the appeal is because it doesn't make any difference financially to us whichever group she is in, and the JC agreed to carry out any further WFIs over the phone.

I just don't understand why we were not contacted for further evidence, or sent the reports asked for, before the new decision was made... not that I'm complaining!!

Great News, and albeit late, the right decision in the end. I never cease to be amazed at the cack-handed, bizarre and seemingly incompetent (deliberately or not) way of working the dwp have.