• Tweets

• Bank the cheque.  No doubt it will bounce - but you never know. When it bounces - that is when you are meant to access their website link and enter your personal details - but of course - DON'T.
    • Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Full and Final Settlement - Debt was to Clydesdale bank who sold it to Marlin.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2747 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from Clydesdale rejecting my PPI claim

- saying that "you accepted our final offer in compensation, therefore in agreeing to this you confirmed that no further compensation

would be sought under the above mentioned loan account".

This is in regards a complaint I made a few yeards ago when I was made to sign a new CCA to get the PPI payments removed

and the fact they defaulted this loan agreement also so in principle I was double defaulted on same loan,

it took almost 3 1/2 years to get his sorted and compensation was for that as far as I'm led to believe.

Have informed them of that and have requested a copy of the agreement to see if they have indeed worded it in a way that looks like I have agreed

not to pursue any other compensation in regards to this loan account.

Am a bit concerned I may have and the bank is now going to use this as a means of rejecting all my complaints in regards to this loan,

especially the fact they hand wrote my new loan account number on the CCA.

Would be annoyed if I have been lulled into something that I thought was only covering the double default/forced to sign new CCA.

Still no reply from Marlins yet in reply to my non complaince of providing a CCA though.

Made my payment to them but not sure if I should hold back on next months payment.

if marlins have failed the CCA & you've sent the failure letter

you are under no legal obl tp pay them anything.

as for the refusal

refer them to the recent Judicial Review

whereby they should re-open old cases

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Evening, finally got a reply from Marlin about account in dispute, there reply is roughly as follows:

Still waiting on credit agreement from creditor...until provided it has become unenforceable but does not mean this has been written off.

According to OFT guidance on "unenforceable credit agreement" we cannot:

make you pay your debt

****get a court judgement against you******

take back anything hired etc

But we can:

ask you to pay what you owe

send a default notice (already been defaulted & removed)

pass info onto a CRA

pass information onto a debt collector (thought Marlin were a DCA)

sell the debt to someone else

take the case to court

And ends with all collection activity on your account is currently suspended until documents can be provided.

Thoughts and opinions please.

without a CCA from you, I can:

• Tell you to get stuffed
  • Pay you bugger all
  • ignore your threats until the debt becomes Statute Barred
  • Put my feet up and have a nice evening

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

I think that should read cannot take the case to court!!

see section of post 81# marked **** ******

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Cheers thought that, just seemed like a contradiction, will just sit and see what happens. As posted prevously this CA is the one they have scored out the account number and hand wrote the new one on it. Still waiting to hear from Clydesdale about that.

Buy a hampster. You'll, no doubt, receive plenty of cage lining for a while yet. Keep listening to the guys, they'll keep you right. As for phone calls, just say "In writing please" and terminate the call. A recorded phone call can come back and bite you in the proverbial at some future point.

• 2 months later...

Hi Drakken, just wondered if you got any where with marlin?

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Orange - £128 - £39 remain although CRA file states £11

Orange - £132 - £51.06 remain although CRA file states £45

Next stage F&F's to be sent - a step closer to being debt free

Morning,

Not heard a peep since they couldn't provide a CCA.....

Thanks for your reply, I think I'll will try that. Cheers x

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Orange - £128 - £39 remain although CRA file states £11

Orange - £132 - £51.06 remain although CRA file states £45

Next stage F&F's to be sent - a step closer to being debt free

Like the

Tell you to get stuffed

Pay you bugger all

ignore your threats until the debt becomes statute barred

Put my feet up and have a nice evening

Spamhead, can I use this please don't want to infringe your copyright.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Like the

Tell you to get stuffed

Pay you bugger all

ignore your threats until the debt becomes statute barred

Put my feet up and have a nice evening

Spamhead, can I use this please don't want to infringe your copyright.

Feel free and with my pleasure

It's a simple premise really - Until they produce something enforceable, then obviously they can't enforce anything

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

if marlins have failed the CCA & you've sent the failure letter

you are under no legal obl tp pay them anything.

as for the refusal

refer them to the recent Judicial Review

whereby they should re-open old cases

dx

dx... could you point me in the right direction for this please? Thanks

Molly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...