style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received a letter saying that BG has obtained a warrant of entry. I received no prior notification of this. I have an outstanding complaint against BG with the ombudsman. How can I get this warrant stopped?

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

phone the ombs and ask what is best to do about it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've already done that. They couldn't advise anything. Their role is voluntary and BG are free to ignore them.

I've also spoken to BG who say the can't (read won't) stop the warrant, so it seems I have little choice but to seek a pricey injunction.

Note this is a dispute. BG claims I haven't paid the bill, I have proof that I have. They claim the money was sent back to me, but when asked they stated they had no proof that the money was refunded! Despite this they have defamed me and now this...

others to come....

have you sar'd BG

you need to prepare your info.

and tell us the whole story please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not as yet. There isn't time, their letter says they will attend my property on 11th Jan 2013 to install a pre paid meter. Right on the Christmas period when everything is closed...

I have emails in which I have repeatedly stated that the money is not owed. I also have an email which they state they don't have any proof that the money was refunded. They also marked my credit file as owing them money, when they admit they have no proof that the money was refunded - I have no record of any refund on my Bank Statements. They also claimed they had removed the credit file entry, yet I checked 10 days after they claimed this and the entry still showed as owing. This credit file entry prevented me from changing providers earlier in the year.

My complaint with the ombudsman was seeking compensation for the defamation.

Edited by AnimalMagic

others to come....

it would be a good idea for a SAR although time is against you

you may have to let it happen on the 11th

The ombudsman seam to take there time forget the ombudsman for now

Dont waste any time send a letter before action

then on to the small claims court

If you have all the proof no money is owed will be a easy way to make a few quid:-)

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I've received a letter saying that BG has obtained a warrant of entry. I received no prior notification of this. I have an outstanding complaint against BG with the ombudsman. How can I get this warrant stopped?

How many times have we heard this one on the forums"I received no prior notification of this"

I've already done that. They couldn't advise anything. Their role is voluntary and BG are free to ignore them.

I've also spoken to BG who say the can't (read won't) stop the warrant, so it seems I have little choice but to seek a pricey injunction.

Note this is a dispute. BG claims I haven't paid the bill, I have proof that I have. They claim the money was sent back to me, but when asked they stated they had no proof that the money was refunded! Despite this they have defamed me and now this...

What exactly is the proof you have you paid this bill,how much was it for

Have you sent BG a copy of this proof via record delivery.

What is the refund for ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

What exactly is the proof you have you paid this bill ? have you sent BG a copy of this proof via record delivery.

What is the refund for ?

Are you with BG? I did not get a chance. If they had've followed the CPR, I would have had the opportunity to show the proof to the court...

others to come....

Are you with BG? I did not get a chance. If they had've followed the CPR, I would have had the opportunity to show the proof to the court...

I'm not with BG,i'm just trying to help you

If they are going to use a warrant to fit a pre payment meter you must have a debt with them !

I was asking you what proof have you got this bill/debt has been paid "receipt" date of payment and how much was it for

Have you sent a copy of this proof the bill/debt has been paid to BG ?

Your post is confusing,what exactly is this refund for ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

The bill was paid by bank transfer setup 12 years ago. I refused to give them my bank details, partly because I was talking to an Indian call centre. I told them that my reference number was on the bank transfer and that should be sufficient. They failed to explain why they would need my bank details.

My response was to ask for proof that the payment had been returned (as they claimed). They said they had no proof. This is why it went to the ombudsman. They claimed that someone had 'accidentally' closed their bank account and as a result the payment was returned to me...

others to come....

The bill was paid by bank transfer setup 12 years ago. I refused to give them my bank details, partly because I was talking to an Indian call centre. I told them that my reference number was on the bank transfer and that should be sufficient. They failed to explain why they would need my bank details.

My response was to ask for proof that the payment had been returned (as they claimed). They said they had no proof. This is why it went to the ombudsman. They claimed that someone had 'accidentally' closed their bank account and as a result the payment was returned to me...

What is the date of the Disputed Bill and how much is it !

Edited by 45002

Don't have the date to hand, but there was quite a few of exchanges of emails before putting to the Ombudsman. That was a few months back. There was a visit from a debt collector beginning of Nov - I told him it was with the ombudsman. That was the last contact I had before this letter.

The original debt was I think £100-150, now they've added hundreds in fees.

others to come....

Don't have the date to hand, but there was quite a few of exchanges of emails before putting to the Ombudsman. That was a few months back. There was a visit from a debt collector beginning of Nov - I told him it was with the ombudsman. That was the last contact I had before this letter.

The original debt was I think £100-150, now they've added hundreds in fees.

They dont take a decision lightly to apply for a "Warrant" to fit a pre payment meter for a debt,they must be confident of obtaining a warrant.

The date of the bill I would be interested to know about,you say the bill was paid by bank transfer details of which you gave them 12 years ago.

Payment then refunded to you because someone closed a BG account down and All you gave them for a refund was a reference number "how odd" think there more to the story !

I ask the moderators to flag this thread up to a BG rep on the forum if there is one to help you.

Edited by 45002

They dont a decision lightly to apply for a "Warrant" to fit a pre payment meter for a debt,they must be confident of obtaining a warrant.

That isn't what I've been told. I have been told the reason you do not get any notice of hearing is because they don't want people turning up to defend. They were told repeatedly that I had bank statement to prove, yet I haven't been given any opportunity to defend this.

Not sure what the date of the bill has to do with anything... It's the fact that they went ahead and obtained this warrant without allowing me to respond. If I had've been able to defend, they would never have got the warrant. Seems a bit coincidental that it happened just before christmas with few working days in between. Had to phone quite a few solicitors before I could find one prepared to talk - they're all out at Christmas parties! .

others to come....

That isn't what I've been told. I have been told the reason you do not get any notice of hearing is because they don't want people turning up to defend. They were told repeatedly that I had bank statement to prove, yet I haven't been given any opportunity to defend this.

Not sure what the date of the bill has to do with anything... It's the fact that they went ahead and obtained this warrant without allowing me to respond. If I had've been able to defend, they would never have got the warrant. Seems a bit coincidental that it happened just before christmas with few working days in between. Had to phone quite a few solicitors before I could find one prepared to talk - they're all out at Christmas parties! .

So have you sent BG proof this bill has been paid,Example sent a copy of your statement with a letter explaining you already paid, by record delivery/data post to BG ?

The date of this Bill is important

They write to people several times to arrange payments/reminders of a debt or the person does not stick to a payment plan agreed between both parties,there last option then is to obtain a warrant fit a pre payment meter if a customer made No contact or refused a PPM to be fitted.

If a PPM is fitted under warrant the customer ends up paying for court cast,labour and the outstanding debt.

Your at the last stage now fitting of a PPM under warrant which is why i was asking the date of the disputed bill.

Edited by 45002

No. I do not give out my bank account information, especially not to foreign call centres. They had my BG account number as a reference on all payments and this was sufficient to connect the payments with the account for the last 12 years or more. They would not explain why this was insufficient now... I asked for proof that the payment had been returned, they stated they didn't have any proof! If they had've supplied proof, my bank would have traced the payment FOC. If they can't produce proof that the payment was returned to me, then they have lied - there would be documentation from their bank showing this.

The account was in dispute. They are in breach of the administration of justice act, pursuing a disputed debt. It's not as if I shut the doors and ignored their letters...

I'll be digging out the correspondence tomorrow, but I don't see that the date has anything whatsoever to do with this. They should've let the ombudsman deal with it, or at least allowed me the opportunity to defend.

others to come....

No. I do not give out my bank account information, especially not to foreign call centres. They had my BG account number as a reference on all payments and this was sufficient to connect the payments with the account for the last 12 years or more. They would not explain why this was insufficient now... I asked for proof that the payment had been returned, they stated they didn't have any proof! If they had've supplied proof, my bank would have traced the payment FOC. If they can't produce proof that the payment was returned to me, then they have lied - there would be documentation from their bank showing this.

The account was in dispute. They are in breach of the administration of justice act, pursuing a disputed debt. It's not as if I shut the doors and ignored their letters...

I'll be digging out the correspondence tomorrow, but I don't see that the date has anything whatsoever to do with this. They should've let the ombudsman deal with it, or at least allowed me the opportunity to defend.

So there No proof of any money been returned and you have proof this bill has been paid !

You shouldn't have just relied on a ombudsman and Emails to sort this out,this problem will not go away....

I ask you this

So have you sent BG proof this bill has been paid,Example sent a copy of your statement with a letter explaining you already paid, by record delivery/data post to BG ?

And you not answered correctly,so I will take is as NO .

If this was me,as soon as I kept receiving reminders/demands for payment of a bill that I had paid and had "proof of payment"

I would send a copy of "proof of payment" with a letter explaining that this bill had been paid,take it to a post office and send it record delivery or data post to there head office/customer service department

What have you done not much by the sound of it !

I suggest to you when the post offices reopen this Thursday 27th December 2012.

Write/print a letter explaining you paid, attach a copy of your bank statement/proof this bill has been paid ?

Blank out any details on you statement you don't want them to see like account number,as long as they can see British gas a reference number and amount paid that should be OK.

Address this letter to BG head office,you can goggle to find that out.

Send this letter Record delivery 1st class or data post so you have proof you sent it and signed for.

If you don't do anything and just sit around waiting for your day in court,your going to end up with a pre pay meter and legal,labour cost to pay plus the debt...

How to search the internet http://www.google.co.uk/ig

How to find your nearest post office http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder

Record delivery http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/business-delivery-options-uk/recorded-signed

or

Special next day delivery http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/business-delivery-options-uk/special-delivery-next-day

Edited by 45002

And you not answered correctly,so I will take is as NO .

The first word of my previous answer was no. This referred to your question. :-)

BG replied to all emails, so they cannot deny they received them.

On the advice of others, I've also emailed the CEO of BG. I'm seeking the documentation which they relied on for this warrant. Once I have that, I think my case will be made.

others to come....

I've also spoken to BG who say the can't (read won't) stop the warrant

There isn't time, their letter says they will attend my property on 11th Jan 2013 to install a pre paid meter.

What is the date of the Disputed Bill

Not sure what the date of the bill has to do with anything....

i'm just trying to help you

The first word of my previous answer was no. This referred to your question. :-)

BG replied to all emails, so they cannot deny they received them.

On the advice of others, I've also emailed the CEO of BG. I'm seeking the documentation which they relied on for this warrant. Once I have that, I think my case will be made.

So if your not going to follow up this in writing then and send proof by post sorry but more fool, you better start reading this then...

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/gas-and-electricity/tips-and-advice/prepayment-meters-guide.html

Good luck,your need it !

Edited by 45002

• 3 weeks later...

Local Court claims they have no record of a Warrant of Entry against my property... Maybe that's why I wasn't informed of the hearing...?

I can't apply for a set aside without a reference to the case, which BG won't supply... Think maybe it's time to get the press involved...?

others to come....

• 8 months later...

Can Gas Supplier obtain a Warrant of Entry for Debt Collection Charges Only?

It was my understanding that they could only obtain a warrant for actual gas usage, not debt collection charges...

All Gas usage has been paid for and we have proof of payment.

Any references to law/precedents would be appreciated...

others to come....

Define Debt collection charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Define Debt collection charges.

I can't.

A couple of months back I paid an amount demanded by BG when they issued a warning

that they were going to obtain a warrant, even though I had already previously paid (this is being dealt with separately).

I informed them of the payment by various means and got an acknowledgement that they had received the notification.

Nonetheless I attended court and found that they were still applying for a warrant. It was immediately withdrawn.

Soon afterwards I started getting calls from Indian sounding gentlemen (and I use that word generously).

I repeatedly told them nothing was owed and to stop harrassing me.

After several weeks I received a letter demanding over £400.

This is a different amount from the previous attempt.

No Gas has been used in the interim (as shown by meter reading),

so I can only assume it is debt collection fees.

others to come....

might not be then.

you need to get all the details of what this sum is.

can you not look at your account online?

dx

and they