Atos Assessment - ** Put in support group **

angiep1964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, wonder if you could help me again. I have just had my wca and informed them of a problem with my shoulder that was being investigated. I had a hospital app today and found out that I had arthritis in my collarbone and am now on the waiting list for an op, also I am being sent for a mri on my neck as i have problems there as well. Do I phone DWP or atos to let them know what the hospital found, as now waiting for my 0 points letter.

I am also on esa for severe depression which is my main illness, but going through the list of descriptors

Cannot transfer a light but bulky object such as an empty cardboard box. 6 points

Cannot cope with minor unplanned change (such as the timing of an appointment on the day it is due to occur), to the extent that overall, day to day life is made significantly more difficult. 6 points.

Is unable to get to a specified place with which the claimant is unfamiliar without being accompanied by another person. 6 points.

Engagement in social contact with someone unfamiliar to the claimant is not possible for the majority of the time due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the individual. 6 points

Owing to a severe disorder of mood or behaviour, fails to convey food or drink to the claimant’s own mouth without receiving — (i) physical assistance from someone else; or (ii) regular prompting given by someone else in the claimant’s presence.

Owing to a severe disorder of mood or behaviour, fails to— (i) chew or swallow food or drink; or (ii) chew or swallow food or drink without regular prompting given by another person in the physical presence of the claimant

Cannot raise either arm above head height as if to reach for something. 6 points.

those are the ones I think fit me, but whether I get them or not I dunno

Hi again, a quick question. When I was on JSA I got a premium for being in receipt of dla, will I get this with my income based esa?

Yes, probably. You should receive the Enhanced Disability Premium as you are in the Support Group (it's also paid to those on Higher Rate Care DLA, but everyone in the SG gets it regardless of DLA status).

There is also the Severe Disability Premium. The rules for that are different - it's not automatically awarded, you would need to complete form IS10 (issued by your Benefits Centre). You may possibly qualify if:

• You are on Higher or Middle Rate Care DLA
  • You live alone (there are exceptions to this rule - for example, flatmates, lodgers, children, other people on DLA don't count)
  • No-one receives Carer's Allowance for you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm on low rate care and live alone, would this qualify?

Low rate care will not qualify you for the SDP, no, whether or not you live alone. But you will still be entitled to the EDP (Enhanced Disability Premium) because you are in the Support Group. I believe it's about £14 per week, in addition to your Support Group Component of about £34. So approximately you should get:

• £71 personal allowance for a single person
  • £34 SG component
  • £14 Enhanced Disability Premium

which is around £120 per week. If, at some time in the future, your DLA should change to Middle or Higher Rate Care, you should ask to complete IS10 but at the moment you would not be eligible.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again quick question, just received letter about my esa award and on the last page it states that its payable from the 5th of jan 2013 - may 31st 2014, dose this mean i wont be assessed again before may next year?

Hi again quick question, just received letter about my esa award and on the last page it states that its payable from the 5th of jan 2013 - may 31st 2014, dose this mean i wont be assessed again before may next year?

Possibly. The best way to find out is to give the DWP a ring (or write to them) and ask for your ESA85A and ESA85S forms. On one or both of these documents should be the length of time the ATOS HCP has recommended be left before reassessment. Please bear in mind this is only a recommendation, and the DWP and can send out another ESA50, and start the whole process again, whenever they feel like.