Court Summons For CCJ - tomorrow

leeward30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, All

I need some urgent advice on a court summons I have tomorrow. I had ccj's in 2009 and I never ended up paying them and now I have to go court for it.

The debt is various but it is mostly water bills. I think it is for failure to give work details at my new job, but I already have a ccj and attachment of earnings for water and thought it was all together.

My worry is can i go prison for this ?

Thanks

Hello there.

There isn't too much time before tomorrow, but hopefully people will see your thread this evening.

I'll alert the site team to this in case anyone can help.

My best, HB

Edit: and I've alterd your thread title to show it's urgent. :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

outline the ccj's you have and what they relate to and what the status is with each.

don't worry, won't go to prison on the face of it. more details needed.

Edited by Ford

ok thanks for the reply. I rang the court and I owed £1156 of various debt ie water and I was hoping to pay the debt of, so I did not have to go court, but my loan fell through.

I am now worried and posted on here to see the worse that can happen to me in regards to going to court.

Not quite sure what the problem is.. if you are making the repayments via an attachment of earnings - why are you in court ?

Please give us more detail in order to help you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have a attachment of earnings for a water bill and I had ccj's in 2009 that were for water and I did not pay them. I am paying the latest ccj which is for water again, but not the ones from 2009. I thought they would take a payment for all the water ccj's but it seems it is just the one.

Now they are saying I have failed to give employment details for the other ones from 2009

I have a attachment of earnings for a water bill and I had ccj's in 2009 that were for water and I did not pay them. I am paying the latest ccj which is for water again, but not the ones from 2009. I thought they would take a payment for all the water ccj's but it seems it is just the one.

Now they are saying I have failed to give employment details for the other ones from 2009

below is a image with details removed

001.jpg

I would simply be honest and truthful - you believed that this extra one would be added to the others.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ok, you need to compound this. pay the fine. or offer payment arrangement. and provide current details re attach of earnings. if you pay or provide some acceptable arrangement re a fine, then there should not be any custody.

Edited by Ford

Failure to return a N55 & N56 does carry grave consequences and does state on the forms that you commit an offence if not returned and completed within 8 days.Each N55/56 are issued to different CCJ one does not cover another.

Did you never receive the forms?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as said, if you can pay the fine or come to some arrangement on it plus providing current details re attach of earnings then should be ok. is there anything else to your circumstances?

Lee, Unfortunately no one here will be able to tell you if you will end up in custody.

YOU must turn up for the hearing, get there as early as possible and seek out the duty solicitor. Explain you thought that all the debts had been put into the same debt and you had no idea that you were not paying them.

It's really hard to tell you this, but you REALLY can't change things tomorrow by worrying. Spend a few more moments on where you fell over, make a few notes and then get some sleep. I know it's easier said, buy as I said, nothing you do tonight will change anything.

My best wishes for tomorrow and please come back and let us know how you get on.

Failure to return the reply form and statement of means is a punishable offence. It will result in

your employer being contacted and you may also be sent to prison for up to 14 days.

Simply state you do not recall receiving them or you would have responded then simply run through your statement of means (so take an up to date I&E) The court should accept your reasons and proposals.

Stop worrying about Prison and work on your proposed presentation instead.

You will be fine.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if he ended up in custody (the establishments are full up at Xmas) then that is not justice it is a commercial so called penalty, I would then state to the court officer take that magistrate (D.J.) down to the Town centre to where the Bloody Assizes took place(The Old Tudor Building), then state take them to stone gallows Hill Knock down one of the Houses there and Hang Them. My Name is not Judge Jeffries by the way who used that route.

Anyway if he you had reason to believe the attachment of earnings, you have all was incorporated within the one in service now, then they should consider the case.? good luck!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

:)

custody is an absolute last resort in such circumstances.

and, as liberty could be at stake any decision against would need to be beyond a resonable doubt ie the criminal standard.

Edited by Ford

I had to fill out a form for a district judge to show my income etc and he agreed on the amount I was offering and yes no prison for me at this moment in time.

Thanks for all your help on here.

Thank you for letting us know how it went. Pleased to see that you are still a free person :)

BCOBS