billybobynumeroduo

Barclays complaint re reserve bank charges- the cheek of it all!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear caggers

I went to my local branch of Barclays on the 22nd of November to ask in a very polite manner if my reserve charges £22 could be refunded as it was the first time this had happened to me.

I don't know why I went there in person as I had heard from other friends/ family, the bank manager was indeed very rude.

I was made to stand around for 15 minutes despite being clearly in a rush.

When the bank manager did eventually arrive on the scene he was quite aggressive and stand-offish and was adamant that he could not refund my charges otherwise he would loose his job, then he went on to call me a liar and because I wasnt sure about this being my first OD, he said now there was no chance of him refunding my charges (as if there was ever a chance of them being refunded)

I left the branch feeling extremely let down and annoyed, especially receiving this kind of treatment from the MANAGER.

The best part is the next day I rang through to the branch in the next town over from me and quoted my reference number. Immediately they agreed to refund the £22 and were so polite courteous and helpful, completely the opposite from the first manager.

this is not just a rant, I do intend to complain to the local branch, just wondering if any caggers have had similar experiences and what they did to rectify the matter.

This kind of treatment of customers is unbelievable and totally unacceptable.

All the best and seasonal greetings

Why are you at all surprised. They are a bank and you are just a piece of .... just a customer.

haha bankfodder,

well said couldn't have put it better myself (well I could but chose not to, too many obscenities!)

I have to say that not all Barclays staff are ignoramuses I think I was just unlucky on this venture. The majority of them have been indeed very kind and courteous.