style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As said before, let court decide or come to some arrangement with LL: make him a one only offer to settle, that you think is fair.

No point it just getting opinions or ranting about how unfair you think he is being.

Judge will take wear and tear into consideration and any check/condition reports in and out.

You just need to get response ready for his claims.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I would seriously be questioning this as betterment:

fully redecorate property inc: woodwork, doors and ceilings - £350

caulk all edges and frames / re seal bath / repairs to skirting and woodwork - £75

( why are you being invoiced twice for woodwork? and the caulking all edges and frames/re seal bath to me is far wear and tear as you have no knowledge of how long these have been installed for and may just be end of life span and needing re newed)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you have claimed your deposit of the scheme, and LL has told them he wants deduct amounts for repairs etc. and you dispute this then you have to ask them to raise it tp the ADS route, however the LL may not agree or even if he does and does not accept their ruling then the only way is to take it court to get your money back, but LL will counter sue for his deductions.

So only worth it if you think you will come out ahead.

But it looks like he may to take you to court and you will have to defend his claims.

So im between a rock and a hard place ? I personally believe he can not justify the quotes given to me. Fully redecorate is surely betterment? We were there 18 months 2 adults and 3 children (down to 2 6 months ago when our son died) I dont think he understands the meaning of wear and tear! Court here we come

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

My current situation has been covered here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376545-landlord-issues-rent-arrears&p=4152141#post4152141

My question is this:

how would i sue ex landlord in tort interference with goods?

After leaving the property on correct date (almost 4 months ago)following s21, we left a couple of items in the property and told landlord about them. he said he would be in touch as to when we could collect. A few days later landlord said "you can have items back when i recieve arrears" (£125). The full deposit amount is in dispute with DPS.

I now know he is breaking the law holding my possesions in lieu of monies owed.

At first i was told by landlord via txt message that he sold items to help with "the large hole i left in his pocket", but after i called the police and reported this as theft, they paid him a visit and apparently the txt was to try and "shake me up" to pay the £125 arrears. The fact that he actually has not sold items means it is not a criminal offence but a civil one.

My question is how would i go about taking him to court to have items returned? Value of goods around £300 so would the costs of going to court be worth it? and how much extra damages could i claim against him if i were to sue.

thanks in advance.

Edited by ims21

Hi all,

My current situation has been covered here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376545-landlord-issues-rent-arrears&p=4152141#post4152141

My question is this:

how would i sue ex landlord in tort interference with goods?

After leaving the property on correct date (almost 4 months ago)following s21, we left a couple of items in the property and told landlord about them. he said he would be in touch as to when we could collect. A few days later landlord said "you can have items back when i recieve arrears" (£125). The full deposit amount is in dispute with DPS.

I now know he is breaking the law holding my possesions in lieu of monies owed.

At first i was told by landlord via txt message that he sold items to help with "the large hole i left in his pocket", but after i called the police and reported this as theft, they paid him a visit and apparently the txt was to try and "shake me up" to pay the £125 arrears. The fact that he actually has not sold items means it is not a criminal offence but a civil one.

My question is how would i go about taking him to court to have items returned? Value of goods around £300 so would the costs of going to court be worth it? and how much extra damages could i claim against him if i were to sue.

thanks in advance.

It's really No help to anyone starting another thread,you could have just carried on from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376545-landlord-issues-rent-arrears&p=4152141&viewfull=1#post4152141

:x

Edited by ims21

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

What I would do would be to get quotes / brochures for the goods he is holding and send them to him by recorded delivery giving him 10 days to return your property or you will purchase the items and bill him for the amount after the arrears are deducted.

As you say, it is an offence to hold someones property in lieu of rent arrears.