Boss wants to roll Bradford factor points into next year - can he do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It depends...

Usually the 'set period' would be 1 year, but employers can use a longer or shorter period if they wish.

I suggest that your girlfriend gets a copy of the Company's sickness absence/Bradford factor policy to see what period they are using.

If it states 1 year in the policy, the boss can't roll the points over to the following year.

It depends...

Usually the 'set period' would be 1 year, but employers can use a longer or shorter period if they wish.

I suggest that your girlfriend gets a copy of the Company's sickness absence/Bradford factor policy to see what period they are using.

If it states 1 year in the policy, the boss can't roll the points over to the following year.

They dont have one they werent gving a proper notice when it was introduced btw do weekends count in a block period of absences ?

Well, that's not very good is it?

If they don't have any kind of policy covering their use of the Bradford factor, how is the employer ever going to be able to say that an employee has reached a trigger point?

Whether or not weekends count would depend on whether weekends were normal working days under the contract.

After all you can't be absent on a day when you wouldn't be at work anyway because it's normally one of your days off.

Having worked with this system in a couple of companies it usually works on a rolling year. I.e. if you got points on the 19th Dec last year, they would have dropped off and no longer count for your total today. So your total as of today should reduce by the amount you got a year ago.

And the points that you (might have) got on March 13th this year stay with you in to next year. But drop off on their anniversary in turn.

Personally I think it is a very inhuman approach to a very human problem. And for companies to make it fair, everyone who exceeds the trigger levels has to have disciplinary procedures and that fills the time of managers and HR people up - when the majority neither deserve disciplinary procedures nor are "swinging the lead".