armcm

Red Debt Collection threatening statutory demand

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2490 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have received a letter from Red threatening that the next action they are going to take is to issue me with a statutory demand.

The debt is a catalogue debt, and is around £378 in total.

I have not been making payments to the debt as I am unemployed at the moment and I suspect a large portion of what they are claiming I owe is charges. I can't afford the monthly amount they are asking for. National Debtline advised me that based on my income I can only afford to make token payments of £1 per month but I can't see them accepting that. I hope to find employment in the New Year and be in a position to make higher payments.

Are they likely to issue me with a SD or is it an empty threat? If they make me bankrupt they will get nothing as I do not own my house and I have no assets.

Load of horse shep, it has to be over £750 to issue a SD, what a shower of maggots don't even know the law.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Bankruptcy is for debt £750 or over, so issuing an SD is not relevant.

Is it possible that Lowell group have any more debts in your name ? It is just that if you have any other debts with them they may combline them to issue the SD.

How old is this debt ?

When did you last make any payment ?

Suggest that in the new year you look to make a complaint to the catalogue company about any charges on the account. This may come in handy, if Lowell do look to make a court claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Wish they would make me BR,,, save me the dosh.... ha ha ha, Most is hot air, a scare tactic as Uncle will vouch, but if they try it on just get ready to get it set a side. Do you own your own property ??? ah no you don't,,, well they are talking out of there air holes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Have you had previous correspondence from Lowell on this debt, how old is the debt??

Send this letter to RED addressed to the Compliance Manager.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding an alleged debt for £378.00 which you claim is owed by me, please

note I do not acknowledge any debt to Red or any other company in the Lowell group.

You have threatened to issue a Statutory Demand for Payment on an alleged debt for £378.00, I am aware that the Lowell Group has been censured in the past for wrongfully issueing statutory demands when it is not appropriate.

I am immediately reporting this matter to the OFT with a comment on the fitness of your company to hold a consumer credit licence.

I rquire strict proof of any liability for the alleged debt.

Recorded delivery spoil their Christmas.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is the only one I have to the Lowell Group. The debt is 18 months old and it is roughly a year since I made any payment to it, as I was made redundant. Are they obliged to accept £1 per month if this is all I can afford at the moment?

I have had letters from Lowell which then passed to Red. I have been ignoring the letters. :| Once I am working again I hope to clear the debt. I thought as it was a relatively low amount I could stall them until I was in a position to pay.

You are in control of your finances you tell the m what you can afford.

Get that letter sent asap that'll throw them for a while anyway, also send a copy of the Red letter to the OFT with a short letter of complaint asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: