partners jsa stopped please help !!!

saj.saj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this as i'm new and this is my first post.

My partner has worked all his life and was in his last job for 8 years,

around seven months ago he had to take time off due to sickness, severe anxiety/stress, so was on ssp for 3/4 months

in around that time he started getting accused of stealing from his empolyer and they even came out to our home and inspected every part of it, but did not find anything !!

a few days after they sent a letter saying that out kitchen looks like one of their kitchens

and that they will be dealing with it when my partner returns back to work.

... now we live in a council house and the kitchens are all exactly the same, so

my partner got in touch with our council and after a few phone calls found that the kitchen had been fitted 6 years ago.

...so he cleared his name..

..nothing was ever said about it and we recieved no letter/phone call of an apology...

.. this completely stressed my partner out and did not help with his current state of anxiety and felt that he couldnt go back to work for the same company

because of the way they treated him.

he stopped receiving ssp and went onto jsa and signed off sick from the doctor as he wanted to get back into work and start afresh,

he did everything he had to do, went to sign on and was job hunting everyday..

...he was claiming ssp for the both of us as i stay home and take care of the kids..

...he has been on jsa for 3 months and now we have had a letter saying that he is no longer entitled for jsa as he volantary left his previuos job,

he has told them repeatedly the circumstances that made him quite and how he felt and has sent all the forms off,

he even told the jobcentre that he will be starting a job on the 21st january ( next month) as thats when work will be picking up( for his trade)

we only needed the extra help for the next 3 weeks or so then he would no longer need jsa...

. i also had a letter from housing benefit saying that jsa has stopped so housing/council tax will be stopped too.....

i'm so upset by all this, we have struggled for so long and now with only a few days untill christmas we are left with no money,

i dont know how we are going to manage, and what saddens me more is that my partner worked for 8 years

and this is the only time he has ever claimed benefit and they treat us this way,

we have nothing for our kids for christmas and im on the brink of depression,

i just dont know what to do :(

i really need some advice because i'm totally lost, thank you.

You can reapply for housing benefit due to no income, I know its blooming hard work but at least your rent will get paid. Has your partner put an appeal in for a reconsideration for his JSA? Plus I would try to get some help from CAB as well. Others may have more info for you but you should still get child tax credit and maybe you can apply for income support for yourself and your children?

i'm currently off sick waiting for an operation or i would start claiming jsa....can i claim income support for me and my kids even if my partner lives here? i have no idea how anything works as we've never needed to do any of this before, also his jsa is stopped untill february and that's when we could re-apply, i have no idea how they can stop it for a few months tho, thanks for your reply sparks, very much appreciated!

Your partner needs to request a reconsideration and also make an application for hardship allowance, you will need to supply proof of bank account balances, child benefit and tax credits award.

You can consider a claim for ESA in your own right and can claim for the family but if you are receiving any SSP that will reduced fro your Income Related award but there is no way that claim will be up and rrunning before the end of December.