Anglian Water Searching Credit File

AndreaMc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I checked my credit report recently and noticed that Anglian Water have been searching my file, 3 times over the last two months. I haven't lived in an Anglian Water area for well over 6 years, so it must be for an unpaid bill that is over 6 years old. They haven't written to me or attempted contact but I would really like to get this resolved.

Can anyone give me some advice on my course of action please?

Were these ID searches?

They may well have an outstading account, so you could write to their data controller at the head office to complain try the letter below++

The Data Controller

Anglian Water.

Dear sir,

It has come to my notice that Anglian Water have made searches on my credit reference files held on xxxxx credit reference agencies, as I do not have any dealings with Anglian Water and I am not a customer I do not acknowledge any debt to the company.

I have reviewed by financial history and have concluded that if any alleged debt exists it is statute barred and therefore I would not make any payment.

You will now cease to process any data you hold on me and remove it from you records, also you will remove ALL searches from all credit reference files that you have searches.

Send RD

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes, they were ID searches. I'll post that template above and see what happens. Thanks :)

Ok Andrea, (Not a template just designed to suit your case).:!:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: