MadMat

PCSO's and traffic offences

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2496 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A few days ago I made a silly mistake and turned into a one way road the wrong way!

I realised my mistake almost straight away and pulled over to wait for a safe spot to do a U turn and correct my mistake, I was about 10 yards inside the junction.

At this point a PCSO came running over to my car, screamed "You are going to get some points for that" at the top of her voice and then got onto her radio/phone device and asked "any officers near xxx street free to write a ticket"

At which point a gap opened in the oncoming traffic so I did a quick U-turn and drove off in the correct direction.

Should I be worried about a nasty letter in the post or a knock on the door? She never instructed me to stay, advised me I was being detained or asked for name address details.

TIA

Mat

I wouldn't be at all worried, don't forget, these lot are simply officious members of the public wearing fancy dress, they don't swear an oath, therefore it will be a case of he said she said.

Even if it is on CCTV(?) if it was an honest mistake then this can be argued.

I don't give any of these plastic police the time of day, they are no different to any other member of the public walking the high street.

You can google PCSO powers! in your area, you will find most of them can only detain you for up to 30 minutes for the arrival of a proper copper.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!