fraujaeger

esa suspension

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2492 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I went to the atm this morning to withdraw my esa and it had not been paid.

I telephoned them and was told that they have suspended payment because they only allow 3 months on an initial medical certificate although it does not run out until February and I started claiming esa in October.

I was not informed that this was their practice and just posting this to inform anyone else in a similar situation to make sure that their gp issues another 3 month certificate before the initial 3 month period ends.

I have asked my gp for another certificate but will not be able to get it into the job centre until tomorrow which will delay any payment due and will leave me with no money over the xmas period.

I live alone and will not be eligible for my state pension until March 2013.

I have had better christmases

Thank you for your advice

I applied for a crisis loan and because I told them I had £20 in the bank I was told to reapply tomorrow. That means another hour waiting on the telephone.

My main concern is that I was not informed that my esa would be suspended because if I had been told I would have asked my gp for a medical certificate in time

They only suspend the payment until they get the 'fit note'. If you can get another 'fit note' ring them again and ask to see if you can take it to the Jcp and for Jcp to fax or e-mail a copy to the Esa department that deals with your claim. They can do that.

Thank you astro1 I am hoping to pick up the fit note tomorrow and I shall take it straight to jcp so perhaps I will have some money for xmas

You'll have to ring the Esa office that deals with the claim first and tell them you have a 'fit' note. They will try to book an emergency appointment with Jcp. Everything has to go through the Esa office first. Once the Esa office has received the 'fit' note, they can move to it to the payments department so the payment can be released.

remember, just because one person has told you something on the phone doesn't mean it's true, you could ring back two minutes later, get another person and get a completely different answer.

Thank you Astro1

I will telephone jcp and explain my circumstances so hopefully I will receive my payment before xmas;