Americanmuscle

Recorded delivery letters to Barclays ppi

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2495 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As title, now it could just be a coincidence but twice now I have sent mail to Barclays with regards to different PPI claims with the two occasions being months apart, both of the letters being sent by recorded delivery thus requiring a signature. Of course neither of these letters made it to their destination and on another occasion a third letter regarding PPI was actually signed for but somehow then became lost internally!

As far as Royal Mail are concerned once the letter has been posted it can't be tracked during delivery, only upon delivery when a signature is obtained can they then update the 'track and trace' section of their website.

Anyone else had similar problems sending mail to Barclays or is it just me that has this run of bad luck?

Nope, you are not the only person who has fallen foul of the Recorded delivery system.

BarclayCard and Santander are the worse. If the mail has not been returned to you - then almost certainly it has been received. It is disgraceful the amount of post that is lost internally at the Banks' mailing departments.

If there is no signature or the RM website still shows the letter as not delivered, then at the very least you should send a claim form for the return of the postage, plus the cost of the paper/envelope. Not a lot, I know but the more people who do this then the RM might just look into their system of delivery to banks.

You say you have 2 letters sent to B/shark that havent been signed for.. in which case.. make this one claim to RM this way they can see there is a problem.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's time Royal Mail took responsibility for their incompetence.

Just one point did you use a PO Box number address, I find that with Barclays in particular that RDs don't get through, so I use head office address and then letters get through.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi AM,

As said, you should only use a full postal address for RD letters.

Whilst it's frustrating if the banks says they've lost or not rec'd your letters, you should always assume they HAVE rec'd them and proceed with your own timescales and deadlines.

;-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)