Arrow Global/Drydensfairfax

pyle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all will the following be ok to send that I have found elsewhere on this forum?

They say the payment was for £1 if that was the case and they had proof of this then why would arrow/drydens fairfax sell the debt on to restons when we first sent the statute barred letter? Surely if drydens/arrow had a case they would of taken the case further?

We have never made any payment to anyone.

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to your company's conduct regarding an alleged debt for £xxxx.xx originally relating to an account with xxxxxxxxxxxx, please take note I do not accept or acknowledge any debt to xxxxxx or any company it may claim to represent.

As your company is well aware the alleged debt is statute barred and I will not be making any payment.

xxxx have now claimed that a payment was made to this account on xx xx xxxx I have no knowledge of any such payment and repudiate the claim that any such payment was made by me or any third party on my behalf, furthermore xxxxx have not provided unequivocal proof of how this spurious payment was made or by whomit was made, therefore the debt remains statute barred.

Yours Faithfully

Edited by pyle

Hello Pyle ,

That's fine, just add this ' Until Unequivocal Proof that I personally made any such payment I WILL not communicate further.

Data Required: Method of payment, e.g. Cheque, the Cheque No. The Name of the bank on which drawn, the account number and sort code the name of the drawer.

Postal Order, PO No. Date issued, Issuing PO address and ID No. Date Cashed. Bank Transfer/Giro name of Paying Bank/Account No, Sort Code.

Any card The 16 digit Card No. 3 digit security code, name of card holder, issuing bank/provider.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ah, the mysterious small payment made by your fairy godfather just to keep the debt alive. Challenge it by asking fo all of the detaisl, how was payment made and by whom and when. Commonly a quid is the amount for a CCA entry copy and should not be used for reducing the debt so that would be easy to deny that a payment was made. If the have falsely claimed that you have paid monies they can be called to account and lose their credit licence so challenge it and tell them that you deny ant such payment. The Brigadier has a template letter you can use so look at similar threads.

Hello Pyle ,

That's fine, just add this ' Until Unequivocal Proof that I personally made any such payment I WILL not communicate further.

Data Required: Method of payment, e.g. Cheque, the Cheque No. The Name of the bank on which drawn, the account number and sort code the name of the drawer.

Postal Order, PO No. Date issued, Issuing PO address and ID No. Date Cashed. Bank Transfer/Giro name of Paying Bank/Account No, Sort Code.

Any card The 16 digit Card No. 3 digit security code, name of card holder, issuing bank/provider.

Thanks again Brigadier will get the letter sent today, don't know how these companies get away with what accounts to fraud.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, so restons have sent us a letter and it is basically the same as the first letter they sent to us stating that the debt is not statute barred as a payment was made in March 2008 for £1. They have not made any attempt to prove that a payment was made or how it was made.

So what do we do now? Do we just ignore them or send them the letter again stating that unless they send absolute proof that a payment was made we will no longer respond to them and furthermore if they persist we will report them to the OFT for trying to get money by fraudulent means.

You demand unequivocal proof of the payment, method, bank/cheque/PO number /debit card/number/auth code/ exp date etc.

Tell them without this the payment is denied and the alleged debt is statute barred.

Did you at any time make a CCA request on this account?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You demand unequivocal proof of the payment, method, bank/cheque/PO number /debit card/number/auth code/ exp date etc.

Tell them without this the payment is denied and the alleged debt is statute barred.

Did you at any time make a CCA request on this account?

Hi Brig, no we have not made any contact at all on this account since 2005

It's down to nthem to prove the alleged payment, put the ball firmly in their court Demand proof.

urm continued letter tennis eh?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah looks like another set of letter tennis will send them another letter tomorrow demanding proof of payment and will let you know what they come back with this time.

Thanks again for the replies it means alot.