being taken to small claim over non fault accident hire car agreement i knew nothing about

TOMMIEBOY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys not sure is this is the right place to ask or not so please bear with me and i will try to make it as short as i can.

In 2009 someone hit my car so i had Winns deal with the matter as the third party admitted blame Winns arranged for a hire car from ONHIRE and dealt with everything.

I was paid out and that was that untill 2012 when Winns knocked on my door asking me to sign an agreement there and then i refused and asked to look at the 7 pages which they were not very happy about.

Turns out it was a credit agreement for ONHIRE and Winns were taking the third party insurers to county court as they had failed to recover the hire charges.

In my view it was wrong to sign a credit agreement 2 years after the event so i refused Winns then removed themselfs from the county court case so i had to attend as the third party insurers were claiming costs.

Now i have a county court summons from ONHIRE claiming the full cost of the car hire dispite the fact i never had an agreement we them as per the email below so what would be my defence ?

Thank you for your reply.

We are aware that the attached hire agreement has not been signed, no such document exits.

As previously disussed you have failed to cooperate with Winn Solicitors, i.e. failed to provide a signed hire agreement.

Attempts have been made to secure a signed hire agreement by attendance at your home addres which were unsuccessful.

The fact that you have failed to sign the hire agreement is the main reason why you have not cooperated.

If we do not hear from you within 14 days to discuss payment, either by installments or all in one payment we will have no option to pursue through the courts without further notice