NewsBot

Corgi HomePlan 'misleading' letters

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2449 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Boiler servicing company Corgi HomePlan sent consumers letters saying ‘Which? rated it top for 'Best for value for money', that Which? thinks are misleading.

More...

Yet another 'Buy Which' advert.

Do not use this company. I cancelled my agreement after hearing bad reports about this companys history (they are unrelated to the well known CORGI gas-safe brand). On cancelling the agreement i was told i was being charged £30 cancellation fee , although this was stated within the T&Cs, it only said ,'may be charged' on cancellation. On asking under what circumstances do they not charge , i was told by the call centre that basically you would need to be deceased (dead!) in order not to be charged. it also worth looking at this link as there has been a complaint referred to the advertising standards agency

asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/9/Green-Installer-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_197744.aspx

basically sharp practice...avoid.