New county court procedures

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posting this with thanks to madpriest

I don't know whether anyone else has posted this - I couldn't see it - This information supercedes all information regarding county courtlink3.gif Actions etc.

(1) You can no longer take your completed N1 to the local county court.

You either have to do it online as MCOL or you have to send your N1 in to a central processing office. Note well that MCOL only allows around 1500 characters so if you have a long Particulars of Claim (POClink3.gif) then you will need to send it in. (I personally think this is a better idea as a completed blue N1 naming the bank as a 'defendent; is a thing of great beauty !!)

(2) Your N1 should not state a county court in the top right hand corner but it should contain "CC MCC NORTHAMPTON". All Money claims are now nominally issues from Northampton

(3) On the new N1 there are the words "You must indicate preferred court for hearings here" ---- At this point insert the name of your local county court. What happens is that the case gets formally 'transferred' from Northampton to your local county court.

(4) You can get the most up to date N1 here

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n001-eng.pdf

(6) Payment - You either have to send a cheque for the fees, or a postal order. If you want to pay by card, you need to send a covering letter, in LARGE TYPE, asking them to contact you and give them a phone number. (This if course is the governments very well thought out plan !)

(7) Allocation. I haven't got here yet. My understanding is that you get a communication from the County Court Money Claims Centre telling you about allocation and where you can get the form. They no longer send the allocation questionnaire to you.

(8) Addresses as follows:

(8.1) ENGLAND

County Court Money Claims Centre

POBOX 527

Salford M5 0BY

(8.2) WALES

POBox 552

SALFORD M5 0EG

(8.3) SCOTLAND

(Totally foreign country - I have no idea)

PHONE for both 0300 123 1372

(9) Now there is an e-filing email [email protected]

but this is not to be used for filing money claims. I've got no idea what its for but it could be for filing your allocation questionnaires.

(10) Upon allocation, the case is then 'transferred' to your local court.

Good Luck everybody - I hope this has been helpful

Madpriest

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Point 7 is incorrect.....only represented will not be sent an AQ

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is how it has worked for a good few months now (although previously it was rolled out and not officially started), apart from 'starting' the claim (which many did on MCOL anyway) it works as normal, as soon as its allocated you can send/hand in docs to your local (assuming thats where its allocated to) court.

Andy

My brother in law is a claimant in a case where he sent the claim to salford. After defence was received he was sent an aq from salford and he returned it to them. The case has now been allocated to his local court. He isn't represented but still received an aq so not sure if point 7 is correct.

And the very best of luck to those who are eligible to claim fee remission on any court fees because the documentation has to be originals (including bank statements) and I could write a book on the errors they (CCMCC & local courts) have done with my various claims which includes losing financial information!

I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news but the plans by the government to centralise everything has experienced more than teething problems.

If anyone would like assistance on this area I am happy to provide information via this thread.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend