Jump to content


New County Court Procedures

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2494 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I don't know whether anyone else has posted this - I couldn't see it - This information supercedes all information regarding County Court Actions etc.


(1) You can no longer take your completed N1 to the local county court.


You either have to do it online as MCOL or you have to send your N1 in to a central processing office. Note well that MCOL only allows around 1500 characters so if you have a long Particulars of Claim (POC) then you will need to send it in. (I personally think this is a better idea as a completed blue N1 naming the bank as a 'defendent; is a thing of great beauty !!)


(2) Your N1 should not state a county court in the top right hand corner but it should contain "CC MCC NORTHAMPTON". All Money claims are now nominally issues from Northampton


(3) On the new N1 there are the words "You must indicate preferred court for hearings here" ---- At this point insert the name of your local county court. What happens is that the case gets formally 'transferred' from Northampton to your local county court.


(4) You can get the most up to date N1 here



(6) Payment - You either have to send a cheque for the fees, or a postal order. If you want to pay by card, you need to send a covering letter, in LARGE TYPE, asking them to contact you and give them a phone number. (This if course is the governments very well thought out plan !)


(7) Allocation. I haven't got here yet. My understanding is that you get a communication from the County Court Money Claims Centre telling you about allocation and where you can get the form. They no longer send the allocation questionnaire to you.


(8) Addresses as follows:



County Court Money Claims Centre


Salford M5 0BY


(8.2) WALES

POBox 552




(Totally foreign country - I have no idea)


PHONE for both 0300 123 1372


(9) Now there is an e-filing email ccmcce-filing@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

but this is not to be used for filing money claims. I've got no idea what its for but it could be for filing your allocation questionnaires.


(10) Upon allocation, the case is then 'transferred' to your local court.


Good Luck everybody - I hope this has been helpful



  • Haha 2

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Also - Small Claim likely to be increased to £10k - April 2013

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this need to be made a sticky and transferred somewhere ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...