soashamed

Direct Debit cancelled and debit card blocked, is this enough??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2495 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I spoke with my bank today to cancel the direct debit set up with WDA so that they can't take any money from my bank on Friday, i also asked them to cancel any CPA's on my account too. I was told that the best way to deal with them taking money was for them to block my debit card and for them to send me a new one... so i did. However, i was informed that loan companies like this can use different direct debit mandate numbers so they can still access my money?? Does this make sense to anyone??

Are they still likely to take my cash, i am scared i am too late now!!!

If you've cancelled it with your bank over the phone, they wont have enough time to re set-up a direct debit in time for Friday so you should be ok.

Is there a reason you're not paying them this month?

Have you spoken to WDA and tried to setup a repayment plan, this is much easier than having the worry of them trying to dip into your account?