Being treated unfairly at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won't name the company I work for as they are a very well known company around the UK for their 'High Standards' of staff care, but I just don't feel like I receive this high standard.

Since going part time (I say part time, its from working mon-fri to mon-thurs due to health issues) I have not received the same amount of care that I had previously received and I no longer feel a part of my 'team'.

Management are hardly around for my team and the manager is also well renowned for not really caring about what the team does, whether that's just chatting between eachother not doing any work or just taking breaks when they want to.

I don't feel I have been treated fairly in the fact that things are done very 'matter of fact' with me. This includes answers to the questions I ask, (ofcourse, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know what the answer was but my manager sees this as something I should know apparently), I do not get updated on new proceedures, so do things wrong until someone on a DIFFERENT team tells me I am doing so and also, I have lost incentive payments off my wages, as apparently I have failed in some sort of aspect in my targetted job (I work in a call centre) but everyone else is aware of these things before their payslips come out so theres no shocks and also get monitored regularly at their desks but I get excluded from this and haven't received such attention for around 2-3 months. I was hitting my target until this new management come onto our team, now I haven't hit it or I have hit the target but one of my calls has been incorrect and I haven't received the feedback for it.

I am now losing money and at the moment, every little helps.

I am hoping someone will understand my frustrations, I just don't feel like I am being treated the way I should be, now I have been diagnosed with an illness and since I've changed my shifts to one day less.

I feel like I am being singled out because I do have mental issues and I find it very distressing.

It is like they have already sacked me but can't find a proper reason to do so apart from the fact I am of ill-health, which they know they cannot sack someone for, it has to be something more significant and it's like they are just waiting for me to slip up.

I hope someone feels the same out there and that I can get some form of answer as to what I need to do going forward.

Thank you everyone for your time and patience in reading this.

I will look forward to your thoughts and replies.

Charleyc I would recommend you contact your line manager and ask for an appraisal. There is nothing to stop you from asking for one. You can then discuss your concerns and ask for more support in reaching your targets and to have spelt out clearly to you what they are and what training you will be given to help you achieve your best performance.

i agree with the above that if there are aspects of the job that you need more training with etc etc there is no harm in asking, but have you thought t that you may be being a bit oversensitive as to not feeling part of things etc etc. you say you have some mental issues and it may be that they are clouding your judgement a bit at the moment or you are looking into things at work a bit too deeply or if your work collegeues know of your problems they may feel uncomfortable with you or be wary of getting to close which would prehaps explain why they are a bit matter of fact with you or offhand.

An informal chat with one of the managers may be a step in the right direction, if not your immediate line manager one who you feel you could talk to but if you do dont run down your manager or complain about your workmates to much these things can escalate very quickly

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It sounds like there is a communication problem here. How come people on other teams know about new procedures but you don't? Surely other people in your team should be in the same position?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS