Orange mobile phone contract problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how to further progress the problems I am having with my mobile phone network, Orange. The problem, in a nut shell, is that in June this year I upgraded my phone at the end of its previous contract taking advantage of an advert I saw in the national press. The upgrade went through no problem and I received my shiny new phone the next day.

One month later my first bill arrived and it did not in any way reflect the contract which I had agreed with Orange.

I contacted Orange and they assured me that my bill would be re-calculated. I did not pay this bill until it was.

The next month, once again I was on the wrong tariff and my previous bill had not been re-calculated and I was now due two months at a contract I had never agreed to.

Once again I contacted Orange and once again they apologised, however on this occasion they advised they could not give me the contract I had agreed, which was advertised in the national press, as it was no longer on their computer systems. It was like a scene from Little Britain - 'Computer says No!’

Anyway, without boring you, I have been in constant telephone communication with Orange to try and sort this out. I have told them that I no longer want my phone and they can have it back and terminate the contract. They advised that I would have to buy out of the contract however my argument was that Orange have never supplied me with the product which I contractually agreed to.

The recent communications I have had with them involved me getting a back dated copy of the national newspaper advert to prove the deal I had requested did actually exist as they didn't believe me! I was able to do this at a further cost to myself.

I still have not paid any of the bills, as Orange, despite all of their previous promises to re-calculate my bill onto the correct tariff, have failed to do so.

I am now at the stage that I am really frustrated and don't know the best way to go from here, I would ideally like to get the contract I agreed to and my bills all re-calculated, however I am now at the point of just wanting to tell orange to stuff it and cancel everything!

Anyone got any good advice?

Firstly - was your replacement contract with Orange, or arranged through an intermediary? It can be often difficult to know who you are dealing with, and Orange themselves be be unable to provide a deal to mach one a retailer has made - sometimes even using a cashback scheme. I've always found Orange to be honourable, but dealers less so.

Right - the fact they offered you a deal was their 'invitation to treat' and they accepted you on that basis. Just because the wrong button was pushed when setting up the account upgrade is immaterial. As is the fact the offer is ended and they (say) they cannot replicate the deal. Of course they can, but it will take a senior manager to authorise it. I appreciate you may have issues with perhaps 'losing' your number, but at issue is you entered into an agreement and they did not keep their side of the bargain. There is nothing preventing you from explaining to them that if they are not going to fulfill the original agreement, you will return the handset and expect them to restore your account to the way it was prior to the upgrade. For good measure, you do not expect to be billed for service charges for those months, but will meet all costs for calls made. When you speak with customer services, ask them for an address so that you can put this in writing (it may well be their Darlington centre). If they say it's not necessary, say you'll take it anyways.

Thank you for that, i will see how I get on, they actually phoned me today after I had made a number of calls. once again they have assured me that they will rectiy the problem and have my bills re-calculated in my next statement, due in November. i have heard all of this for months now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just had a similar problem with Orange, they offered me this great contract over the phone, and three months down the line they have changed it!!!

They told me that the original contract wasn't available, and tried to charge me an extra £53.00 for calls that I thought were included in my tariff. To cut a long story short, I refused to pay and mentioned that I had seen similar problems on this website. Suddenly, I was rang by a lady from their Customer Care Department, offering me something near the original package, along with the promise to waive the extra charges, that I shouldn't of incurred in the first place.

I think sites like this are great, keep up the good work!!

Clark

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

My phone actually got barred today, I hadn't paid my bill for 4 months as they bills were all wrong, I had been in weekly contact ith them chasing them up to sort out the problem, every month promising that it would be sorted and my re-calculated bill would be sent out to me. And as I say today, when I still haven't received my proper bill they BAR my f'ing phone!

I got it sorted but once gain it just highlights the major hassle some of these large organisations cause us customers, those who they claim to provide 'excellent customer service' too!

In reply to your post about Orange offering you something similar, i stuck to my guns and demanded that they give me my original service plan, which they assure me that they have done - 500 minutes to any network, 1750 text messages and my wireles broadband and my phone all for £30 per month. I thought it was a fab deal at the time but after all the hassle I am begining to wonder!!

My phone actually got barred today, I hadn't paid my bill for 4 months as they bills were all wrong, I had been in weekly contact ith them chasing them up to sort out the problem, every month promising that it would be sorted and my re-calculated bill would be sent out to me. And as I say today, when I still haven't received my proper bill they BAR my f'ing phone!

I got it sorted but once gain it just highlights the major hassle some of these large organisations cause us customers, those who they claim to provide 'excellent customer service' too!

In reply to your post about Orange offering you something similar, i stuck to my guns and demanded that they give me my original service plan, which they assure me that they have done - 500 minutes to any network, 1750 text messages and my wireles broadband and my phone all for £30 per month. I thought it was a fab deal at the time but after all the hassle I am begining to wonder!!

Hi,

That was almost the same deal that I was meant to be on, only difference was that I had 1000 crossnetwork minutes, broadband, etc. I wonder if this is happening a bit too often and when they see that you will follow it up, they give in?

Clark

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

• 2 weeks later...

i had exactly the same problem along with 2 work colleges. we all took out a dolphin 35 contract with unlimited text and 550 mins. the first bill was completely wrong, they said they would recalculate but it never happened and the following month was even worse! orange have a uk and a forien cusomers service office. the uk office sorted my problem straight away and that was the end. they even gave me a bit extra for my trouble. i found the forien operator was not atall intrested in my problem and they shrugged me off, in quite a rude manner. but explain and it will be resolved. not sure about ending your contract though, i would see out the good deal if it was the same as i had! :)

Not sure if you got this sorted or not along with backdating it to the date the new contract was taken but if not send your complaint including your requests etc to [email protected]

He is the Chief Executive of Orange.

Hope this helps,

Nathe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON