Poopsnack

Defaults in my Vodafone Credit History is news to me.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, Just having a quick look at my credit history today... Vodfone have given me 5 differnt "1" defaults over the past 2 years, nothing against the 5 years prior and my last one was August 2012. I may have been a tiny bit late on my payment once or twice, but nothing to warrent a complete attack on my Credit History. All my debts were paid quickly and promtly, as I have never had loss of service. Is there anything I can do to fix this?I know Vodafone are under ZERO obligation to enter this information to the credit agencies, so why woudl they and without telling thier valued customers? Horrified to see this and have now cancelled my account with Vodafone pronto. I am concidering doing the same for my wife and 3 childrens accounts. Since my account has been closed - Vodafone have shut the door on my on-line account, so I cannot see my past bills or activity. Calling does not work. I have sent an emai today to see what happens. To what benifit do Vodfone have in losing a customer of 10 years and possibly losing 4 more?

They are not defaults but late payment markers, you have said you have been late in paying so the report is a true reflection of the conduct of the account.

These I suspect are automated entries for each late payment over the two year period .

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They are not defaults but late payment markers, you have said you have been late in paying so the report is a true reflection of the conduct of the account.

These I suspect are automated entries for each late payment over the two year period .

Hi Brig,

Thanks for your sincere and heart felt compassion...

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 10 years and had no idea these "Markers" were dropping into my credit history. Strange practice for a mobile phone company , or is that just me?

I think I may have been late, but this is only a guess as I cannot see my past statements. Auotmated or not, does Vodafone have the right to act as judge and jury. Late payment marker is still a blemish on a credit report and not great for the consumer who settled his bills monthly.

Can I assume you have experience with Vodafone: is this type of general tickle into my personal credit in the norm? With your advice, I have no choice but to cancel the 4 other accounts with Vodafone when their contracts expire?

I just attempted to explain the prodedures as they are and the consequence of them, yes any company and they all vary in the time span for posting a late payment,mobile providers are ptobably the quickest to act, and some credit card providers allow only a couple of days.

Their actions will be in line with the terms and conditions of the account, the company is reporting the conduct of the account and I expect that this is their normal procedure, they are the ''judge and jury on their accounts.

If you want to contest the markers it's the Data Controller you need to contact and lay out the reasons why you think their actions are unfair,I have no doubt that all the mobile providers will act in a similar way basically just because they can, there does seem to be a considerable lack of recognition of loyal customers it's a fact of life, which does point out need to regularly check CRA files or register for allerts from them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Poopsnack,

I can appreciate the concerns you have here.

In regard to our reporting of customer's payment histories with us you can find further information under Section 14 of our terms and conditions here.

The late payment status code 1's which have been recorded would indicate the a balance had been in arrears for thirty days or more before being settled.

As this would seem to contradict your own view as to how late you settled some of your bills I'd be happy to get this reviewed further. As such, could you let me know your email reference number from the automated reply which you would've received shortly after sending your email?

In the event that you haven't got this could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once you've received our automated reply could you update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee, Thanks for posting on my thread. I am hoping to either have this corrected or at least shine some light on how and why this happened.My email reference is 10752778 - Please keep in mind I have only requested my statements to see where this all went wrong. Vodafone have not allowed me to log into my account online - which makes it very difficult to conclude business. Also, I have read the terms and conditions - it say you "may tell credit-reference agencies". I was happy with Vodafone until this little mess. I am now with another provider and am now considering the 4 other accounts in my household. I had no idea I had done anything untowards. You gave me an amount and I paid it. I once had a direct debit, but Voda was as creative with payments as I know appear to have been. Is there someone else I should speak with about all this? I am willing to give you any admin fee that may be due to remove these Markers.

Edited by Poopsnack

Hi Poopsnack,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Having checked your reference number I can confirm that I've now transferred it into our queue. Please be assured that I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I'm afraid there's no admin fee applicable in regard to the removal of adverse information from your credit file.

What we'll need to do is review the information recorded to see how it coincides with your bills and payments.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee, Great to talk to you and thanks for being so prompt in contacting me.I understand we are upon the holidays and thanks for your help.Would still be interested in seing my statements and connect them with my personal banking. The months in question are August 2012, April 2012, Jan 2011, Feb 2011 and Dec 2010. Hopefully we can have a resolution in the near future. Thanks again. N

Hi Poopsnack,

Thanks for your time on the phone on Friday.

As promised, I'll get back in touch with you as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi All,

Just a quick post to give this closure.

Lee at Vodafone was able to solve/correct all issues I had with my Late Payment Markers and (in my case) was a able to have them all removed from my Credit Report.

All is well that ends well.

Thanks Lee and Thanks CAG!