RBS / Triton problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two issues; first my RBS accounts appear to have been closed and moved to TCS for recovery and second the way this has been handled and my private information treated is shocking. I would appreciate any advice about either issue.

I have recently moved abroad in Europe and informed my bank. About 3 or 4 months ago, my bank card stopped working. I called the branch and they told me it was because they were merging with Santander and that they would send me a new one. Which they did and I activated it via direct banking.

About three weeks ago I tried to log into online banking for the first time in ages and was informed that my account were not available. I called the suggested number but they couldn't help saying they had never seen this before. I called my Branch, who I have banked with nearly 20 years and know by name and they weren't much help but said they would get back to me - we never spoke.

Today I received a call from a company in Rome that I am did some work with as a consultant last year saying that they had received a fax threatening legal action against me. They sent me a scan of a fax from TCS which was addressed to my name at this company address which had all of my bank account and sort code details plus threatened to take unspecified action in 24 hrs. The sum is for my overdraft and the balance of a car loan which totals just more than £8000. I have never given the bank this companies address and I know they have my home address as they sent my new bank card to it. I am furious that they have embarrassed me in this way and have disclosed personal and private data to a third party.

I called TCS to check they were real and that this isn't fraud and they appear to be a real business. I made a verbal complaint and they have told me that it will be escalated to a “Care team”

Is this normal or a [problem]? It seems they got the companies address from somewhere other than me and have not contacted me at my home address or phone number which my personal banker used to do.

I appreciate your thoughts and advice

Edited by coffeegrind

Vote with your feet and open a new account with a seperate banking group.

Make your complaint to RBS in writing, they probably have a lot on their mind with the current libor fixing fine they're about to receive, and then the money laundering it has been doing, so you will do well to bank with a less corrupt corporation.

And don't expect them to acknowledge your complaint either, they were fined 2.8mil last year for failing to deal with customers complaints.

Send the complaint give them eight weeks to rectify, when they don't escalate it to the FOS.

You also need to contact the ICO regarding the data protection breach, this will hopefully get them another hefty fine and they will sink without a trace.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!